60. Too Many Secrets

"It's been three weeks since Stan was attacked and he hasn't woken up, sleeping peacefully like an infant."

Sighing aloud at his brother, dad Joss responded. "He is in a coma. How many times must I tell you that?"

"Coma, sleep, lazing around...same thing. This guy seems to be enjoying his slumber and the fact that Yeon can sense what he needs and his yearnings tells me he doesn't want to wake up. I can't keep coming here to tend to him when he's been nothing but a nuisance to me."

"Brother, you must not allow Robin to hear you say that. He has been worried day and night..."

"Yeon is the one I'm most concerned of at the moment. He is nonchalant about his fated's situation and for the first time in a while, I find myself thinking about someone else more than my wife and children. What is wrong with that child? His condition has bothered me for months and now I have to worry why he isn't worried? What's wrong with me?" Dr. Jiwon stood up from his seat and took off his stethoscope. He shook his head in frustration after checking his watch, knowing yet again he was going to run late reaching home.

"I'm on my annual break and I can't spend it with my wife...."

His brother smilled and patted his back, assuring him. "It just goes to show you are not selfish anymore, though I understand you. If it wasn't for Robin, I wouldn't worry much about Yeon either. I only get bothered whenever he worries for him and that has somehow become a learned habit to look after Yeon too."

"Clearly, we are related to have this unbothered character and Stan had to pick it up too exactly like us....though, I find him very stupid." Dr Jiwon stopped for a moment as he glanced at his nephew yet again and mockingly added. "...Craizy enough to have thought he could fight those criminals alone." He laughed briefly and looked back at his brother.

" What's the status so far? Anyone died?"

"Almost. They kind of went into hypoxia with Stan releasing all his scents at once. He managed to buy enough time for the police to get to them just in time. They were later rushed to the hospital then apprehended shortly afterwards..."

"Serves them right. Anyway, I have to go now. You know what to do when you need me. However, I encourage you to not call me. These days I'm spending less and less time with my wife since I'm always here with you ugly mugs..." Dr Jiwon smacked his brothers shoulder as he walked to the door to leave Stan's room.

"I'll tell your wife you called me ugly..." Stan's dad replied, turning his chair to look at his brother who'd stopped midway, his hand still holding the door handle.

"What the...!" Dr. Jiwon said in frustration then turned to look back at his brother. He scanned him for a while then looked at Stan who still lay unconscious on Yeon's bed and he wondered to himself again why his nephew would risk his life to that extent, for the second time. He laughed by himself at the idea of him doing exactly just that to save his beloved wife. Shaking his head yet again, he brushed of the scary thought of having to do so and looked back at his brother and frowned. "Haa...what do you want?"

"I'll pay your lab a visit and choose whatever I fancy. I've had my eyes on some of your fancy apparatus that would look great in my lab. I want my son's fated to find similar equipments in my lab too that we can work with together in future."

"Just stay away from Yeon's project and don't ask me to disclose it to you either. He is about done and has worked hard on it..."

"Dr. Jiwon...! Glad to find you here?" Yeon had opened the door from outside only to come face to face with his mentor.

"You startled me for a moment. I was actually on my way out." Dr Jiwon spoke as he let go of the door handle and moved aside for Yeon to walk past him in his room.