69. Stay Here

"Yeon, welcome back..." Dad Robin was relieved when Yeon appeared at the front door and waited for him to settle down before inquiring.

"Why'd you switch off your phone? We've been trying to get through you nonstop..."

"Oh sorry. My phone died...but I was with...Elric..." Yeon hesitated, not waiting to mention Niel's sudden appearance.

"We know. Elric left here hours ago, quite jumpy I might add. Seems there was information concerning his fated being spotted at the airport?"

"They...already met." Elric and his big mouth, Yeon thought to himself.

"I left them in campus together and came here..."

"Alone?" Dad Robin asked, seeming disappointed and concerned at the same time.

Slapping his forehead, Yeon waited in anticipation for an earful from Stan's dad. He thought it best to take his time before responding. 

Since the incident involving Stan, there had always been someone taking him to and fro whenever he went but how could he have asked Elric to do that when he was hellbent on wanting to monopolize Niel and prevent him from running away again? That's why he opted for a taxi. Obviously Niel and Elric had a lot to resolve. He remembered Niel's poor excuse of wanting to follow up on the additional classes but Elric was already ahead of him, insisting he knew of his already completed online classes, leaving him with one physical attendance and he'd be done with that campus.

"You have no more excuses Niel. You can fool me once but not twice" Elric had said.

"You need to be careful Yeon. We must remain cautious regardless...."

"I'm sorry for worrying you. Either way, that will be my last trip to campus until the results of my project have been updated."

Looking around, Yeon asked. "Where is dad Joss? Isn't he normally back by now?"

Dad Robin watched Yeon throw a quick glance at the wall clock and smiled. "He is upstairs with his brother in your room. You might want to go up and say hi..."

"No. I'm starving." Yeon replied while walking towards the kitchen counter and checked whatever dad Robin was preparing. He looked at his happy expression and wondered to himself why there was so much food prepared today."

"What's the occasion? Are my parents coming over...?" Yeon glanced at the wall clock again and shook his head. "No...can't be that at a time like this."

"They will visit tomorrow instead and you're not wrong in your assumption. Our expected guest is already here."

Yeon raised an eyebrow and asked who it was.

"Stan. He woke up today afternoon..."

"What? Are...are you serious? ...Are you sure...?" Yeon's stuttering made dad Robin laugh.

"Yes Yeon. That was why we were calling you nonstop. We were about to call the police then Elric informed us he won't be coming home tonight, and that he'd caught you cheating on Stan with Niel...that boy is such a tease." Dad Robin shook his head and began setting up the dining area. "Elric is quite a handful. I hope Niel can keep up..."

"Is he...upstairs?" Yeon spoke while glancing at the stairs that led to the bedrooms, his focus on what he'd just heard.

Stopping what he was doing, dad Robin gestured with his chin for him to proceed up. Of all people, he understood Yeon's mixture of anxiety and happiness that he couldn't put a finger on which emotion to feel.

Yeon on the other hand couldn't wait anymore for he ran up the stairs to his room and stormed in, startling both dad Joss and Stan's uncle.

"So dramatic. You could have knocked..." Dr. Jiwon mocked then giggled and glanced back at his nephew. "Too bad he slumbered back, but this time we know when he'll wake up..." He then stood up after glancing at his wristwatch and added. "I'm not planning to be here when that happens though."

"Brother, stay for dinner. You've been here all afternoon...."

"That's precisely why I can't stay longer. My wife comes first above everything." Dr. Jiwon stopped midway when he noticed Yeon walk towards Stan and stared at him then asked. "Still worried about him huh? I told you he is sleeping..."

"You said that before..." Yeon interrupted. His heart was beating so fast he didn't know what to feel. He'd been waiting for this moment for weeks and now that it had arrived, his mind felt blank.

"This time I can confirm too he is indeed asleep Yeon. Stan was quite jumpy the moment he woke up that I'm even surprised how he can move his muscles so easily after not using them for more than a month..." Dad Joss spoke to confirm his brother's diagnosis.

Yeon shifted his gaze to Dr. Jiwon, each of them communicating nonverbally of their secret then glanced back at dad Joss who was still updating Yeon of Stan's condition. At this point, Yeon realised he knew more of Stan's rapid recovery as opposed to his dads.

"Brother, enough." Dr. Jiwon sad as he placed a gentle tap on his brothers shoulder. "There is no need to bombard Yeon with the news as excited as you are of your son's recovery. Once he wakes up, let me know if he reacts to Yeon's scent. I'll know what to do."

"Good point brother. Today has been full of activities." Standing up, he gestured to the door at his brother. "I'll see you off then"

"Actually, I'd like a word with Yeon, if you don't mind. Incase Stan wakes up in the middle of the night, a little guidance will be required."

"Ofcourse." Dad Joss nodded then excused himself. Once alone, Stan's uncle gave Yeon a stern look and asked, "Where were you? I've been trying to reach you all afternoon..."

"So I've been told by dad Robin too. My phone was dead..."

"No matter, now that you're here, a little celebration is forthcoming for our test did well. Stan's recovery and ability to reflex normally is due to cell respiratory and the strong spiritual essence you both share. We should be able to send the results without disclosing our test subject of our findings."

"But won't they insist on seeing Stan?"

"Well say our volunteer wishes to remain anonymous and I'll gladly sign an agreement on behalf of Stan. This protects not just Stan but you and I legally. However our findings, in a months time will save a lot of people's life and honestly, I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without you, or my nephew's samples you'd collected before. In the meantime, I'll be off. I presume I shall be seeing you tomorrow in the lab...or rather take a day off or two and spend time with Stan. Now that he is awake, he'll bother me frequently by showing up in my office looking for you."

With that remark. Stan's uncle left and Yeon quickly ran towards Stan but stopped himself when he was about to scan his breathing.

"Obviously I don't have to do that now with all three doctors surrounding you."

"Finally...he's gone..."

"Stan...!" Yeon jumped in shock, retreating his hand immediately and watched his fated slowly opening his eyes. "How...how long have you been awake?"

"As soon as I started...sensing you..." Stan spoke but his voice was weak. From the way he was looking at Yeon, he appeared to be drowsy. "Don't call my uncle...just stay here...with me..."

"You need to rest. You just woke up from coma..."

"That was...hours ago. I felt fine...but uncle did something to me... I feel tired..."

Yeon remembered his discussion with Stan's uncle and wondered if Stan had heard them. "How much did you hear?"

"Hear what?" Stan spoke as he struggled to lift his hand up towards Yeon, who moved closer to him and sat on the bed, grabbing his hand before it fell. "What's...happening...to me? I feel dizzy..." Stan asked as his eyes slowly closed and within seconds, his breathing became heavy again.

"Oh my word...Stan...you actually did wake up..." Yeon couldn't control the sudden wave of emotions that covered him . His chest felt heavy as he took Stan's hand to rest it oh his cheek.

"You're finally awake...now I won't have to talk alone anymore..."