78. Let The Games Begin

The next oncoming days turned out to be a nightmare for everyone. Yeon was brought to light over what had happened to his parents and despite their efforts to keep him out of it, Mijin was the one that brought the situation to his attention.

The demise of Mora's brother yet again brought the media's attention and created quite a rukus in the hospital that they had to take a restraining order against anyone who overstepped beyond what was stipulated by the law, which only heightened the situation and made more people interested in the story.

Many people afterwards came out speaking of the injustices caused by Mora's family that no one cared any longer about Yeon and Stan's story anymore. It was all about the SC drug and it's side effects, especially it's abusers and Mora's family being a big investor of many pharmaceutical companies only damaged their image further. Most of those that came out to speak against them being former household staff that had endured silent suffering or abused by their employers however, with every new secret unearthed, they were each silenced and after a few weeks there had been no news, neither a search history of them on the internet or a broadcast from mediahouses.

It was just as Mora had predicted and this made Mijin apprehensive of them all. Things looked calm but it's often calm before a storm...and a storm indeed was on it's way and a big one at that, Mijin thought to herself many times that she could almost feel it.

Mora's brother was never apprehended despite being the cause of the fire. His lawyer claimed he was mentally unstable and there had been no evidence provided showing he caused the fire. However, he was kept under house arrest. Despite committing multiple crimes, his case involving Stan was further delayed based on his mental state and the fact that the drug was also found in his system when he'd been caught.

Inspite of Stan's statement, everything was overlooked since in all his crimes, he had had the drug in his system and after a while, Elric's mother advised to change the angle of the case, pointing Mora's brother not as a culprit anymore but a victim of his family's crimes.

"This way, we get more evidence against the root cause of everything. My suspicions are he may not be aware what he is doing most of the time. However, we need to find out why his angle is always focused on Stannie's fated."

"Are you sure you do not know him Yeon? It is strange indeed that a stranger would hate you this much." His dad had asked.

"I've never met him in my life before..."

"What about the sister? She is a close friend to Mijin. Perhaps you met him without knowing." When Yeon shook his head, Elric's mother continued. "I fear we are missing something crucial. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Mora's brother can not be acting all by himself. If we are to make him a victim, we need to give him a trigger. Perhaps someone or something that makes him be violent."

"The drug on it's own is a trigger..." Yeon's father said but then stopped. They too had heard of the drug but it had had a different name. In their time, it was illegal to be used however was legalized after a few years only for use by those seeking to confirm their pairing without being fated. A lot of people spoke against it however not everyone had been lucky to meet their fated mate and wanted to pair up. For the sake of being fair, it was to be administered medically in small doses, a privilege that could only afforded to those that could pay a huge sum for it. "Isn't he supposed to see the person he cares for?"

"He is but if he took the corrupted version and just a bit above the prescribed dose, it would explain his actions. This is the reason why I chose to make him a victim. If we take this path, our culprit no longer becomes him but someone else."

"He still has to pay for all he did."

"He will. But, this case has been dragged far too long and a lot of people who need to pay attention to it are beginning to loose interest. Since I am affiliated with you because of my son and the investment he'd proposed of your business, I'm afraid I will have to step back. However, my son and I will act as legal advisors behind the scenes to this case. I do not wish for it to be taken to court for it will definitely become ugly and that will further damage if not traumatize those involved. I'm sure the opposing party will come to a settlement. All that we have to do is to find a way to get in touch with Mora's brother when he is off that drug...but how to do it, I'm not sure."