161. Game Changer

'I brought this upon myself.' Mora thought in melancholia. Everything had changed in a split of a second, as if her life had amounted some sort of satire. It was even more confusing that she wasn't getting any help from her father unlike before. Her succumbing to unstable heat cycles would have been the opportune time to summon his most experienced lawyers to figure a way out to save her. She was a loose end to him just as he was to her.

Why then did he remain quiet? 

Initially, she was to be transported from one medical facility to another seeming that the circumstances surrounding her unstable heat abnormality was becoming chaotic to those around her. Additionally, she was treated as some sort of plague, her acting unconvincing. There were lesser and lesser people to manipulate to do her bidding.

"You've started spiraling again, huh? Everyone is afraid of you." One of the nurses would repeat the same words whenever he'd come to tend to her. "They should have added a note to your detainment that you came with extra baggage."

She hated those words for she knew the truth behind them that she couldn't deny, not to mention, this same nurse told all her other patients whom she shared the same room with the exact same words...  But Mora wanted to be recognized. She wanted to stand out... 

She was no commoner... She believed herself so.

She had a strong conviction to prove her father wrong that she never was a weakling despite her unexpected predicament. If she were to get everyone's attention, she'd bring discord and confusion, thereby allowing her to selectively choose her allies and enemies. It was the only way she'd have created an opportunity to manipulate someone, or create a team she trusted to reach out to her father and his lawyers to find out when they were planning to release her from her anguish. Soon enough all attention befell her as more and more funds were spent to accommodate her heavy dependency on heat suppressants.

...But this wasn't how she'd hoped things would turn out. Everything was a huge mess. Nothing went according to plan and her thirst for blood had been starved it drove her insane. It made her impatient that often times, shed grit her teeth and bite her nails out of anxiety, which would fuel her heat until she'd gotten relief rom a suppressant. 

That had become her daily torturous cycle, living as an unsightly defect.  

Moreover, her heat cycles were not only painful and severe  but to yearn for the man responsible for her situation made her nauseous. She couldn't tell whether it were love or an illusion for felt like she were trapped, yearning for her attacker and whenever she'd think of him as the man who'd forcefully taken her imprint away, she'd remember the sight of Mijin, her look of satisfaction as if she'd finally gotten even. 

'Perhaps this was why her father protected his lover and hid him for years. However, he was his moral compass... Then why is my case different? Should I be relieved?' 

It was soon concluded that to be rather expensive keeping Mora locked up since scent inhibitors and heat suppressants were quite expensive to purchase and outsource experienced persons to administer to willing inmates on a daily basis to cope with having Mora around and finally, her transfer was approved unanimously. 

"No body wants you here. You shall be taken to a more befitting facility to handle your condition while still under detainment." The robotic nurse had said.

That had been the plan, yet here she was, sitting beside her poor excuse of a lawyer in an untraceable vehicle after he'd executed his plans to free her. 

"I put myself into good use as your one and only marker." He'd had tried to justify his incautious actions and instead of feeling relieved, she worried that this careless act of his was to further complicate her ongoing cases.