28. My Fated Mate

"Sweetheart, these gentlemen and their son came from the police station. They were led here and have important information that benefits our Yeon."

"Even so you, I have no faith in the police or anyone else affiliated with them. If they are indeed from the police station, they are only here to further cause discomfort to our son." Yeon's father was struggling to control his temper but because of the presence of the children, especially Yeon who may get agitated, he chose to lower his tone as he spoke, glaring at the three strangers in his home.

"Please, sit down. My husband is very sensitive when it comes to our son." Yeon's mother gestured to the two gentlemen together with the one whom they had introduced as their son. Afterwards, she walked and sat next to her husband. "Suzzie and Niel, would you excuse us please."

"Sure." Grabbing Suzzie's hand, Niel dragged her to Mijin's room.

"Since my wife seems to have become fond of you, may we know why you are here. I had thought we were done with the police for today."

"Sweetheart, their son is the one who saved Yeon's life from those kidnappers. He fought them all by himself with his bare hands..." Yeon's mother replied excitedly.

"T-That wasn't the case..." Stan couldn't help interrupting. Yeon's mother had been ecstatic after finding out he was the one who had found Yeon however, her husband seemed a little scary even after the revelation, not to mention, he could smell his scent and they were almost as strong as Yeon's. From his reaction, his wife seemed to be the one calming him down. She did it so naturally, so easily that it was barely noticeable. Stan pretended not to be aware of the exchange of scents between them. 

"We apologize for intruding. I won't pretend we didn't take time to properly research about your son. We are not policemen either. Our son was also called today at the police station to identify the fourth culprit since he'd come face to face with him."

"You saved my son's life, and for that I thank you." Yeon's father said, overwhelmed by the the emotions that were chocking him, and embarrassed to have shunned them before hearing them out. At least, one person had actually done something to protect Yeon. "I apologize for my rudeness earlier. It's not easy for me to accept or watch the pain he had to silently endure, watching those monsters react to his scent has agitated me greatly. Besides, there has been little development to the case since the criminals were apprehended."

"We understand how you feel." One of Stan's father added. "Both our children's lives have completely changed after that incident. The person behind it all may still be out there that's why we are here to make a proposal." Turning to look at Stan, he added. "Will it be okay if Stannie were to see with your son since they haven't seen each other for a while?"

Stan struggled to contain his anticipation. He hadn't expected to be meeting Yeon this soon, especially after he'd briefly sensed his scent and gradually tried to calm him down. He knew Yeon would perceive it, he just hoped it was enough to prevent him from going into heat.

"Dad...I think it may be too soon to see him especially after we've just arrived..."

"Nonsense child, you saved my son's life. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you." Yeon's father responded with confidence.

"I agree. Yeon has been quite lonely these past couple of weeks. Today is the first time in our lives I've seen a lot of people coming to check after him." Glancing at her husband, she added with a smile on her face. "This day is turning to be such a colorful day as opposed to how it was in the morning."

"Indeed." Yeon's father responded and proceeded to gesture to Stan where Yeon's room was.

Once alone, Yeon's father's face dropped the moment he glanced back to Stan's parents. "I will not be fooled that you hadn't noticed. I could smell my son's scent briefly then it disappeared. My wife and I are fated so our ability to perceive other people's scent is minimal. Please do not be alarmed by my son's scent. His marking was incomplete that's why we are working tirelessly to find him a pair."