143. Enough Is Enough!

Forced to lie down on her left side on the stretcher, all attention was on Mijin after she'd began screaming, causing a commotion once taken out of the waiting room. "Get it out of me right now!"

"Mijin please! This is a hospital!" Mijin's mom held onto one of the nurse's hand to keep them from pinning her daughter down.

"Madam, I'm sorry but she can't lay on her back after 28 weeks. We have to keep her like this to improve circulation to the heart and also keep the uterus off large blood vessels and other organs."

"O-okay..."

Both Mijin and her mom had run out of patience after almost an hour of waiting. Having been advised upon conversing with the doctor that she wasn't ready, she began screaming and shouting, demanding to be set free from her pregnant state. She'd been hysterical that despite efforts to deescalate, the commotion only encouraged her to heighten her tantrums. 

Unable to handle the situation by herself and not wanting to frighten others with her scent, Mijin's mother ringed her husband to come in for assistance. It saddened her that every time she tried to comfort her daughter, Mijin would complain feeling triggered whenever she'd set eyes on her.

"How long must I wait? It's more than nine months! Get it out of me! I'm done! I can't stand feeling this way any longer!" Mijin cried hysterically as two nurses pinned her down on the stretcher, lest she harm herself and anyone around her.

"Hold her!" The doctor exclaimed and administered an epidural injection together with an anti-emetic agent on her upper thigh that had an instant effect on Mijin. She flinched and within seconds, her speech was slurred after which managed to she calmed down.

Looking at Mijin's mother, the doctor spoke upon advising the two nurses to let her go of the patient. "That will keep her down for sometime. From the state of her skin, the colour and texture, she seems to be under-scented and fatigued, not to mention melasma. I'm surprised this sign came at a later stage of her pregnancy." Studying Mijin closely, he added, " She also has veins protruding at the corner of her puffy eyes. I had thought she wasn't sleep deprived as per her medical chart."

"She told us she was sleeping well... I've monitored her closely."

"Hmm... Perhaps she did but it seems she wasn't getting enough sleep. Her skin is oily, her nose swollen and I've observed broken capillaries across her face. These symptoms are normal for her case especially since she's refused any more help from her partner. 

Her pregnancy has belated three weeks than the stipulated date of delivery but her cervix is still too small. To reduce the risk of neonatal death and stillbirth, we might have to operate on her or settle for induction."

"...But we were advised to go for a normal delivery, that was why we were waiting. She doesn't experience any contractions nor exhibit any signs and symptoms of someone going into labour soon apart from feeling extremely fatigued."

"I understand. If she goes another week, it will be ten months increasing the chances of a stillbirth or the infant might weigh too little than normal and experience neurological disorders. If the placenta stops functioning normally, that is a huge problem. Additionally, I do not think her current mental state will not prompt her to provoke harm on herself and the fetus."

"Do whatever you can doctor." Mijin's mom said, fearing the worst. Despite her daughter's empty threats to force her own delivery, she didn't want to take it lightly that Mijin wouldn't try something outrageous especially after finding out that she had been taking unknown supplements she'd claimed to be iron boosters when in fact, they had been prednisolone tablets infused with high amounts of steroids. A huge argument broke between them, Mijin stating she needed an energy boost as her excuse. 'That  explains her aggressive behavior. To think she'd thought to fool me, a certified nutrition and personal trainer.'