179. New Beginnings

"What are you still doing awake? Let's go to bed."

"We've been out all day so let me have my time to work too."

Niel smiled and walked to stand behind Elric to observe what had taken his attention away intently as such. As usual, Elric was startled the moment he heard Niel walking in, something that Niel had noticed with his fate however, upon confronting him about why he got startled easily, Elric explained it had been due to his past upbringing. 

'Having lived with people who don't want you there, you kind of end up finding a coping mechanism so I learned to watch my back and keep to myself but my uncles and cousins would creep up on me as if I were doing something wrong. My mare presence disturbed them and I was never allowed to lock up the guest room they gave me to stay in.'

"You know it's safe here right? You are happy here."

Taking off his glasses, Elric looked up at his fated and frowned. "Why are you bringing this up again? Why wouldn't I be safe here, with you and our babies?"

Brushing his fingers onto his fated's long hair, Niel smiled affectionately. He'd suspected Elric would be a little moody especially since they had to cut off their vacation from others after complaining of the pain in his back being persistent. Stan's uncle had checked him and insisted they return for further tests however, not wanting everyone else to worry about his health, he insisted that they stay, cutting their trip short but Niel knew his fate and would have loved to stay longer with everyone else, therefore, decided on being accommodative to his mood swings.

"The doctor said you shouldn't push yourself too hard."

"I'm not one to stay idle babe," Elric responded then put on his spectacles back on and kept on at what he was doing.

"What are you looking for?" Niel inquired, pulling a chair to sit beside him.

"A simple case I can take. I need something to distract me from being jealous of everyone else."

Niel smiled and took his hand from Elric's hair, sliding it to his lower back and then putting a bit of pressure on it. He noticed the slight discomfort from his fated, who tried to hide the ache he felt as he kept on at his work.

"I'd never have known there was this side of you while we were in college I wouldn't want you to know exactly what I thought of you as a person."

"I'm aware of what everyone thought about me. Some rich spoiled brat who was arrogant enough to screw everything that breathed." Shrugging his shoulders, Elric formed a smile and said, "It was true though. If I showed my true self, no one would believe me and with a reputation like that, I had to keep playing the game and it was fun."

"Until I came along."

"Not necessarily. I just wanted to have some fun with your scent when I approached you first. It had felt like some form of addiction, or I was becoming addicted to Mijin constantly smelling like you, then that evening happened."

"How did it feel? I've always been curious."

"Fire....hot....suffocating. I felt like I was being choked yet at the same time, I liked it."

"You like being choked," Niel stated as a matter of fact to which Elric burst out laughing, swirling his chair to face him.

"I do indeed babe, yet you've denied me any pleasure since we got back. That's why I need a distraction lest I pounce on you and have to force you to do my bidding with my scent."

"I'm back to taking inhibitors."

"Why?" Elric asked, seeming disappointed.

"Until you feel better, there will be nothing rough, no bondage or anything of that sort."