SIDE STORY 4

"Can you be any less weirder?"

Startled, Stan turned to look at Niel who grabbed a seat and sat a few centimeters from him. He frowned and ignored him, turning his gaze back to stare at his fated who was laughing away beside Elric. Everyone seemed jovial and relieved to attend Elric's baby shower, organized and arranged by his mother and dad Robin.

"You're staring at Yeon a little bit too much don't you think?" 

"What is it to you? Shouldn't you be over there with Elric?"

"I came here because you are making it too obvious. You can just join them instead of watching him like a hawk."

"He sent me here."

"Who?"

"Yeon."

Niel chuckled. "Figures."

Stan had a mouthful of words to run at Niel but decided against it. His thoughts had been on something else. Seeing Yeon play with Elric's ribboned protruding belly made him think all sorts of things. He'd already shared with his fated his longing for a family and to think one day his dream would come to pass put a smile on his face. 'Soon, that's going to be us. Our beautiful house and our three kids...'

"Stop that. It hurts my eyes looking at you. Aren't you tired?"

"The hell are you talking about?"

"You're going to make Yeon get used to this, this over attentiveness you're giving him. What happens when you stop? He's going to get hurt and I don't want to see him hurt again if one day you two fall out."

Stan turned then grinned. "Remember when you pulverized Elric?  If that day ever comes to pass, you can just do the same to me."

"You're a fucking jerk. Get a hobby will you?"

"Yeon is my hobby." Stan's sarcastic smile didn't leave his face as he turned back to look at his fated yet again.

Niel stood up, mumbling to himself what a waste of time Stan was. It was frustrating for him that Elric and his mother were pushing him to befriend Stan yet every time he tried, he despised him even more. The only reason he hadn't cut ties with Stan permanently was because of Yeon.

"Hey, Yeon..." Niel spoke upon reaching his friend then pulled him to the side, leaving Elric and the others still jubilant over the visible movements inside Elric's belly.  "Can you hit Stan for me please? "Just don't ask me why."

"Why?"

"I told you not to ask me! If you don't, I promise you I will and I won't hold back." Niel added then walked towards his fated, leaving Yeon alone, his eyes fixated on Stan. 

"Knowing you, you must have done something Niel." Yeon said upon reaching his fated and in an instant, threw a punch at his upper arm.

"What the-What did you do that for?"

"Niel is one of the most patient people I know and if he couldn't take your company, then you definitely did something to have him on edge." 

Confused, Stan stuttered, "B-but I'm your fated!"

"Stan, you've been staring at me for hours. We are not having babies." Counting his fingers, Yeon added. "One, two, three, Nada! I told you I'm not ready."

"H-how did you...?"

"I can sense your yearning Stan." Sighing exasperatedly, Yeon asked. "Are you perhaps jealous of Elric and Niel?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Stan replied, "If you know then why are you asking?"

"I knew it. That's why I sent you away from them but you won't stop thinking about it!"

"I can't help it. The situation is too tempting for such thoughts to not cross my mind."

"And we will, just not now!"

Brushing his hands frustratingly across his hair, Stan nodded halfheartedly. "Can I join you guys now?"

"Stop grabbing my ass and saying it was an accident as well. You've already done that at least three times since we came here."

"I'll try not to..."

"Try?"

"I promise to not try."

"Good... Wait, what?"