18. Making Me Angry

Fated mates? Before any connection between us? How is that even possible?

These were my thoughts after the day I made the mistake of risking my life to save the campus loner. To think that searching for him on my own brought me in that street inhabited by no one. Whatever had gotten to me that day? Not to mention kiss him, bite him, scent him...

I kissed him!

A knock on my head brought me back from my thoughts. Seems my being distracted was making me a burden to the team. Thankfully, this was just practice.

"Stan! Get your head together!" The coach shouted and Elric, who'd beed the one that had knocked on my head planted a gentle slap on my shoulder, his face frowned and I could clearly tell what he was thinking.

I too wondered what the hell was wrong with me. Why would I ponder over this issue continuously for the past one week. I'd already been cleared by the police and it hadn't been my fault that that guy imprinted on me. Drat! He'd imprinted on three other guys too! ...And now because of that we were suddenly fated mates?

No way!

I'd always envisioned my fated mate to be a woman, very feminine, jovial with a warm personality but instead, it had to be the campus loner, a man, not the slightest bit of masculinity in him nor femininity, grumpy and had a coarse personality that he happily wore religiously.

There had to be a mistake....though thinking about it now, his scent did send me weak in the knees, turning me up with the need to protect, save and comfort him...

People constantly released harmless scents but they were a maximum of two. They wore them more like body odor which could help in telling which mood they had. I too was aware of my own whenever I was extremely happy and the other whenever I felt sad. Never once did I use my scent to calm someone else down, nor felt the need to protect someone that much, to the point of kissing them roughly, hungrily enough to sink my teeth into them among other things.

I'd never felt infuriated like that before.

"Stan! You keep this up, you get towel duty and I'll bench your ass gladly during inning! What has been wrong with you these last couple of days?"

"I'm sorry coach..."

"Sorry doesn't cut it! You may be heroes to this institution at the moment but to me, you're all the same when it comes to the game and that goes to all of you!"

"Cut him some slack coach, he actually came face to face with those kidnappers!" Elric tried to defend me and so did the others.

"Yes coach. He saved the campus loner, and we all know what happened to him..." another teammate added.

"Yea, you should see his eyes coach. They are mesmerizing..." Elric added enthusiastically before the practice hall door flew open, startling everyone.

"You! Out! Now!"

It was him! The campus loner Yeon! What was he doing back on campus so soon? I'd thought held at least need more time to recover.

"You're not allowed here during practice sessions so come back later and mind your manners while on your way out!" The coach yelled at him then turned to look back at me. "How many times has it been this week that people have interrupted..."

"It's because of what happened at the party last week. Don't you know a number of students were drugged?" Jasper who was our captain responded.

"Never in my forty year career have I ever witnessed such an atrocity! What kind of rotten, perverted and lazy generation have you brought upon the human race to have done such an abomination?"