112. Doing Absolutely Nothing

"You've been awfully quiet since we got back...and the entire ride to and from the hospital."

"..."

"You were too quiet during our last week of stay. I was hoping to make some memorable pre departure experience but you wouldn't even let me touch you."

"..."

Tapping his fated's shoulder, Elric felt frustrated by the silent treatment he'd been getting. "Hey, talk to me. I want to look at you but I have to keep my eyes on the road..."

"How far is your place? It feels like we've been driving forever." Niel spoke, his eyes outside the window.

"We'll be there in ten minutes or so..." Looking at the rear view mirror, Elric asked his driver at the back. "Isn't that right?"

"Yes sir."

"How are you feeling how? I'm guessing you are well considering you wanted to be the one driving." Niel inquired, looking back at Elric.

They'd just come from the hospital after leaving his grandparent's home. Elric had been complaining of constant reccuring headaches that they'd had to end their three month stay and seek further checkup.

"Hey, stop sulking, I'm not some helpless kid."

"Did you even listen to what the doctor said? You kept smiling at everything mentioned weather positive or negative until the doctor thought you were insane."

"It's pretty late to worry about the inevitable don't you think?"

"You could die Elric, let alone rapture your womb and loose the pregnancy all at once. How can you not be worried? I'm actually the one responding normally to our situation between us two."

"Hey, it's going to be fine. Nothing bad will happen to me."

Just then, Elric began laughing. "I can't believe we get to start experiencing couple arguments! This will be fun."

"You really are a lost cause. This is not an argument but a disagreement. Haven't you ever dated anyone in your life before?"

"I have but it wasn't serious..."

"Not a sex friend dufus! An actual relationship with real arguments."

While watching Elric trying to think of what to answer, Niel gave up after a few seconds. "You know what, forget it. Someone who has dated before wouldn't be celebrating at such a time."

"What does it matter, couples always patch up after an argument."

"This is a serious matter Elric. You still have the option to terminate the pregnancy while it's this early as the doctor said. Please consider it. You are in no physical condition to be caring one- I...I just don't get it." Niel stuttered seeming frustrated as his eyes returned to look outside the window. 'I thought I was careful? I never stop taking my meds and only missed a week- Yes! That time when we were apart but still... They should have been effective...'

"Don't get what?" Elric asked but before Niel could give him a reply, his driver who'd sat quietly as if non existent, informed him they had already reached their destination.

"You were right about the map leading us straight to our desired location." Elric said to his driver after parking the car. "I dont have to worry about being lost.

Looking up and down the building, Niel turned his gaze to Elric and raised an eyebrow. "Where is this?"

Pointing at a secluded manssionate, Elric replied. "I'm not one for gated communities. I'd rather my old apartment but you said you don't want to stay in a place filled with memories of my previous promiscuous activities so I bought a new place. You look like the type who likes to stay in places like this. I'm surprised it looks exactly like the pictures sent by mother's realtor."