118. Are You In Or Out?

"Fortunately there is no evidence showing my client acted violently unless under the influence of that illegal drug. The forensics have been very thorough with their investigations. My team and I have kept off and let them do their work as we did ours.

On the other hand, my client's father has bribed a number of the investigating squad, some who were undercover police men and women and we have proof of this. As you remember, the first and second arrests were dismissed, rendering our opponent a free man but upon another appeal, the third search in his premises was done and a lot was discovered, some of which will be disclosed if you still wish to take this matter infront of the judge and be exposed along the way.

We have recorded confessions from victims who have witnessed the brutal nature of our opponent." Throwing a numer of A4 sized colour printed pictures with images of open wounds and scars, Elric's mother added. "These pictures clearly show evidence of my client being a victim of prolonged brutality. The first picture is the victim's back. We have a qualified medical practitioner ready to come forward to prove how and which equipments were used to bring about these scars. His torture was delivered by someone skilled since the scarrings have a repettitive pattern.

The same wounds have been inflicted on my clients chest, thighs, outward and inwards. What do all these places have in common? They are all hidden parts of the body."

Throwing another file on the table, Elric's mother spoke while watching the four men infront of him scan through the documents, some comparing them to the pictures. "As per this report, the depth of each wound and direction or point of strike is similar to those found at his back. This was an intentional torture, done precisely to tame a wild dog. My client was initially the accused, but we can clearly see he was never a culprit but a victim, a tool perhaps, a pawn, or a mare cheap puppet that could be disposed off once used and abused.

Forensics investigations are being conducted in the accused premises and I can predict quite vividly what they will find but I do not wish to be accused of slander from here on."

Elric's mother waited to give the four men a moment to speak but none of them said a word. They marely placed all the documents back on the table infront of them and looked back at Elric's mother, who appeared rather dissapointed by their uncooperativeness.

"Since the silence here has become too loud, if you have anything to say, now will be a good time." She coaxed.

"You can not represent his son." One of the four men spoke up. "You stand to loose more if you protect a relative of a criminal."

"This meeting has been set privately and all of you have signed a pledge, binding you to secrecy. That means the moment you had put your signature down, you agree that you fully understand what you can also loose when we chose to wage war in court. I summorned all of you here because of the position you hold in your respective fields and your relationship with the accused. My team has looked into all of you for months and have observed your daily routine. The evidences brought to us added to our findings will not only make you loose whatever you hold dear, but also land you in jail with the accused. Therefore, I would rather you worry of yourselves more than whomever I'm choosing to defend, whether related to the opponent or not. What I would have expected you to be asking me is if we really do share a common goal at the end of the day or not."

"What right do you have to spy on us. That's already a crime...!"

"Then you should have thought of that before getting involved with the accused. The four of you knew the drug was dangerous yet you have helped in supplying the most corrupted version of it."

"It is legal to use it!"

"It's been banned in may places. That is why some of your facilities had to get a special lisence to administer it." Pointing at them, Elric's mother spoke. "Each and everyone of you here only cared about profits. You knew something like this was bound to happen some day so do not look so surprised."