9. I See You

Stan must have been distracted the entire time during their match, seeing how his teammates kept trying to get his attention to pass the ball. I could care less if they won or lost. I was just here because I felt like I owed him for saving my life...among other unspeakable things. Besides, I had to return his favorite pajamas and the clothes I'd borrowed from him. It was funny that I felt very comfortable in them. I could smell his scent on them and somehow it calmed me down.

Maybe he was right when he said I can get off with just about anyone. If that guy Elric came to me during my heat, I'd probably jump him too after getting a taste of his scent. This realization made me feel pathetic. This idea of fated mates was ridiculous. Who'd believe in it anyway? If it had been true, wouldn't the marking have disappeared after they marked me or did I have to wait till I met my fated mate? Agh! Why didn't I pay attention in biology class?

"You're frowning again Yeon." Niel bumped on my shoulder as he sat down and I felt my ears warm up. Surely, he must know I like him from the way I constantly blushed around him.

"I ...just feel like I don't belong here."

"Then why did you come? I told you I would bring Stan's clothes to him. Mijin was willing to do so too but you know how tight the security is now especially after that incident. Every person must present their student card before passing security."

"I owe him...though now that I think about it, I'm not friends with him so I hope you don't mind to give them to him." I had been feeling quite self-conscious of myself since I came here. Everyone seemed to avoid me and as much as I was okay with it, I couldn't help feeling scared and Niel sitting next to me only made me feel more vulnerable.

"Okay. What's the score so far?" Seems Niel didn't notice my insecurities from the way he casually agreed.

"You know Mijin and I hate sports but I'm supporting the other team..."

"Why would you do that? Did you start going to a different college or something? Besides, isn't our team presently everyones' knight in shining armor? " Niel seemed shocked by my vocal declaration of hate towards his team.

"Well they couldn't stop those idiots from marking me now could they? The damage is still done and I notice too how everyone is struggling to not look my way."

"That's because you went into heat in public so now everyone thinks Stan and you are an item."

"What?"

"Why are you acting all surprised? He's been going about making everyone that made fun of the support group apologize. Right now, no one would dare talk ill of you either for fear of being made an accomplice over what happened. Besides, I think you're wrong to assume people are avoiding you....your eyes are quite conspicuous it's hard to look away, so they stare at you when you're not looking. Does that make you uncomfortable?"

"No...not really. I had already accepted what had happened to me. It's not like I could reverse it."

"Yeon, you know something, I believe you're handling this issue very well. I can't imagine going through what you did, and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemy either."

Niel's words comforted me. Somehow, he was the only person I wanted to make me feel better and sitting next to him made me feel safe too.

"So, I can't convince you to show support to Stan either, even if its not his team? Besides, he keeps looking this way a lot. Why is he distracted? Doesn't he want to win?"

"I don't know either. I haven't seen him for a while but I promised him I'd be here for the game. He's been busy with practice and I've been busy too catching up to the units I missed while away."

"Even so, if he doesn't up his game, this match will end up in a tie. The other team are closing in on them quite fast."

I noticed the coach debriefing Stan and he seemed upset then before joining the rest of his teammates, Stan looked up in my direction and smiled.

"Seriously are you two dating?"

"What the...? You know I don't like being tied up to someone!"

"I'm sure he noticed you just now and smiled."

"He could be smiling at anyone you buffoon! There are a lot of people here and besides, he has a girlfriend."

"Yea, I heard he doesn't wish to pair with another guy. He prefers girls. What a pity you know. A lot of guys have been eying on him for years."