135. What A Surprise

"Elric, what happened the other day?"

"You mean the tattoo?"

"Don't forget the piercing on your belly button!"

"I've had piercings for a while. I'm just great at hiding them from mother, though I'd never expected you of all people not to notice. Do you never pay attention to my body or I'm just too cute that you become distracted with the little details?"

"Elric, I'm serious."

"That's always the problem. You're always serious. We don't talk or do things together as a couple...you're too plain, like a plank of wood or a plain white wall..."

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?"

"I want an eventful relationship." Throwing his hands mid air, Elric added. "I crave activity and drama!"

"Sorry I've been busy trying to be a better partner financially at the same time meet your every requests..."

"That was mean and unnecessary. I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me." Munching at the muffins given to him by Niel, he added. "This is overwhelming."

"You're the one who keeps asking for something to bite every waking second."

"Everything is too much. I feel trapped and suffocated."

Niel sat in front of Elric and watched him eat away. "Our union was only yesterday and you already feel trapped?"

Elric smirked. "You make it sound like I'm being selfish."

"Selfish? No. Regretful? Yes."

Elric shook his head. "Please don't misunderstand me, and why I'm I constantly hungry?"

"Tell me, why did you go get a tattoo the day before we were supposed to get married? You've also been sneaking out whenever I'm asleep that I'm considering cuffing you to my wrist."

Elric laughed and looked up at his fated. "You know, that will be quite interesting. I have a couple of handcuffs in my playroom which we haven't used yet though, looking at myself now, I highly doubt me in bondage won't be unsightly. I can take certain positions..."

"Stop avoiding the subject." Niel wasn't about to let this slide, especially since the location of the tattoo was at Elric's left side just above his waist.

"It suddenly dawned on me how serious my life is going to get from now on, and how I won't be getting away with a lot of things unlike before. The truth is I panicked after feeling a sharp pain in my stomach some days back. It was like a reminder of my current reality."

"Sharp pain?"

"It's gone now. Besides, I already went for consultation. Stan's uncle had me assigned to someone else since he is on vacation with his wife."

"Elric, if this pregnancy puts you in any further danger then..."

"Please don't start with the preaching babe, I barely have an appetite these days..."

"What does it matter what your father left you if to acquire it means risking your life? All this is jarring and upsetting. We couldn't even have a big celebration like you had wanted Elric that you had to lie to your mom about keeping the ceremony very small. My grandparents were even surprised at how simple our wedding was you know? Them alone being our witnesses and only guests.

So what, let them have it all! It's not the end of the world Elric! It's not like you'll be poor without it! You and your mom are doing way beyond above average that I don't get why you have to sacrifice your happiness and health for this!"