104. My Big Mouth

"Scent unification. That is what it's called."

"...And you and uncle are working on it together?"

"Yes."

"I didn't like it whenever you play with scents before. I don't like it now either."

"It's not my project any longer. There are a lot of great minds on it too. Are you aware of the growing statistics of the number of people who have experienced scent contamination? It's humongous! To think your uncle among other biologists have been looking into this matter for years, I'm surprised they can still keep a sound mind." Yeon spoke, fetching himself and Stan a glass of water. They'd just come from a stroll, which Yeon had taken the opportunity to hint to Stan about his project but from where he stood, Stan was against it, eventhough Yeon had secretly wanted to work on it with him.

"What the heck is scent contamination? Please avoid any medical jargons." Stan asked, extending his hand to grab a glass of water from his fated.

"It's a science that specializes in unifying body cells, enzymes and scents alltogether. A contaminated scent can be achieved through prolonged alcoholism, acute stress, extreme anxiety, constant abnormal homornal behaviour, pregnancy, drug abuse, overuse of power of fated mates among others. However, it's not always just dimerits since pregnancy allows for good contamination with productive results. A marked individual when expectant, be it fated or pairs, experiences change in scents for their body begins to split up scents to be transferred or shared with the fetus hence forming their two primary scents. The fetus in this case experiences scent introduction, often reffered to as contamination since the featus carries the scents of it's parents, and when a marked is together with his or her marker exchanging scents, scent unification is properly and efficiently achieved, which benefits the featus big time. However, if separated like for Mijin's case and many more people, it is strenuous and drains out a lot of energy from the one caring the pregnancy. Sex is also another example of an achieved positive contamination, pairs experiencing it moderately but for fated, it's more euphoric when scents are shared and exchanged through manipulation. That's why everyone wishes to meet their fated someday." Yeon hadn't realized he'd babbered long enough to confuse Stan further. "To put it simply, contamination brings forth unification if channeled correctly. I know what I'm saying is complex but stay with me on this one. This venture could save many lives."

"That's what you said before. I'm yet to see how many lives it has saved."

"Don't discredit this just yet yet. We have volunteers who have shown progressive results and recovery from my first project. In this one, your uncle and I are primarily working together. Overtime, we'll need funding and a larger team to help out. The downside is we lack enough equipments to cater for a larger population."

"Why are you telling me this?" Stan seemed disinterested, despite feeling threatened by the idea. If anything, he'd wished to match up to Yeon's overpowering scent, especially after feeling it's intensity when Yeon became drunk and possesively horny. Then, Yeon had crippled him with a threatening scent that left him weak and whenever he tried to push him away physically or using his scent, nothing worked that night. Yeon's possessive hunger was a pleasurable sight that enticed him and frightened him at the same time.

'Did he really forget everything? If my dads were to tell him of what happened, he'd die of embarrassment, that's for sure. Those two won't stop teasing me...'

"You told me to open up to you about the things I do. This is me being open."

"Right."

"I want you to be a part of it. Your uncle says it's an idea that needs protection if we put monetary value to it someday. The potentiality of it being a flourishing venture will manifest itself before we know it. Therefore, it's paramount to practice preparedness."