123. Make It Clear

"I've been calling you all day but you weren't picking up. Are you tired of me already?"

Niel was sitting by the dressing table next to the bed when Elric walked in. He appeared exhausted and stretched his hands as a yawn escaped him. "I just got here too. Where were you?"

Taking off his clothes then slumping on the bed, Elric replied. "I went to celebrate Yeon's simple birthday dinner but don't worry. I gave a good excuse for your absence."

"Oh right. It was today." Niel stood up, a bottle of water in his hands and walked towards the bed then sat down. He seemed aloof while reaching for his phone. "Yeon's going to kill me. I should give him a call..."

"You won't be calling anyone tonight." Elric spoke, raising one of his feet towards his fated's back and nudged him. "Focus on me today, I've been working very hard lately putting up with your heat and running my mom's errands."

Niel blocked Elric's feet with one arm and put his phone back in his pocket with his free hand. He still wore his official wear and was just about to take a sip of water from the bottle when he watched Elric begin to slide his undergarment off.

"Let's take a shower together..."

"I know where this is going." Niel chuckled and looked away, raising the bottle to his lips and took three gulps. He'd been from one interview to another that day and the only positive feedback he'd received was to work as a barista. At this point, he was feeling pressured to take the job seeing that noone was willing to give him a chance to work without experience. A thought escaped his mind to ask Mijin for help considering they studied the same major and she had earlier promised to help him out but then he brushed off the idea and looked at his fated, whom he knew wouldn't like the idea.

'It's his mother anyway that's blocking my path. Why do I have to be prideful about talking to Mijin when her own son is pregnant anyways? I want to start pulling my own weight as soon as possible...'

"Want me to make something clear babe?" Elric teased, raising one of his feet again to poke at Niel's cheek.

"What is it?"

"I'm officially Yeon's best friend as of today."

"I thought you had something important to say..." Niel's eyes drifted from Elric's cunning look to between his legs and felt his stomach tightening involuntarily. 'H-he is already this wet?'

"I do..." Elric smiled and kept at his pocking, intrigued by Niel's composure. He'd at least expected Niel to push his feet away but that was not the case despite his continuous provocation.

Doing his level best, Niel struggled to keep his eyes on Elric's face then turned away as soon as he felt his ears slowly becoming hot and other parts of his body.

"I thought Stan was your best friend."

"Stan is my brother."

"Okay." Niel said simply and took another gulp of water. He was feeling thirsty, but not the kind that could be quenched with only water. He knew Elric was teasing him. However, after jumping him due to his recurring heat cycles, he'd promised himself to not overexert his fated more than he should considering his condition.

"Okay? That's all you're going to say?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"I was expecting you to be a little jealous and be like, 'Uwu, I thought I was your best friend...'"

"Uwuuu! I thought I was your best friend." Niel mimicked which sent his fated to a hysterical laughter.

"I wasn't expecting you to say the exact same thing but it's perfect."