136. Double Date

"Yeepee! I'm having a great time! We should have done this sooner!" Dad Robin spoke cheerfully while leaning on his partner's shoulder as they strolled around the mall, Yeon ahead of them while Stan a few steps slightly behind.

"I don't think Stannie finds it as enthusiastic as you do and neither do I." Dad Joss complained, his eyes on his son then looked around, thinking to himself how much money he'll have to part with today.

"Ow shut up! When was the last time we went on a double date?"

"Double date my ass! We are at the mall! A proper date encompasses fine dining and dressing up a little."

"Will you two keep it down! I'm trying to concentrate! Jeez!" Stan whispered angrily, looking back at his parents.

"You're the one who asked us to tag along!"

"Honey, Yeon is going to hear us!" Dad Robin whispered then proceeded to free his hand from his partner. "What has you up in a twist? You were happy coming with us initially."

"That's because it didn't feel like how it feels now. Stannie has his attention on Yeon the way my brother goggles his eyes at his wife."

"Then what do you want him to do? Goggle them at you?" Dad Robin retorted and paced ahead towards Yeon, who seemed distracted by the sight of items on sale, prompting Stan to stop briefly. He took his phone out of his pocket and clicked a picture of his fated.

"You're acting like a tourist Stannie, Yeon being your main attraction." Slapping his forehead, dad Joss added. "Forget what I said. Why did you ask us to accompany you for a date with your fated in the first place? It's upsetting your dad agreed to tag along instantly while in fact, I've been asking him to spare some time for the two of us and voila! You ask once and he says yes without a single hesitation."

Clicking a picture of both dad Robin and Yeon, Stan smiled and looked at his father. "He only agreed because of Yeon, at the same time, there will be shopping involved."

"He is going to empty my pockets thats for sure." Dad Joss complained. "You know that a big sale is usually trap, only tricking buyers to purchase more items they don't need."

Stan laughed. "You've never stopped being stingy. Anyway, in actuality, I wanted to buy Yeon some clothes. He's been putting on the same ones since he came to live with us. I don't know why I never thought of adding going out shopping on my to do list with him."

"Well you can cross out double date on that list of yours..." Dad Joss stopped talking at the sight of his son's piercing stare. "My bad."

"You two should stop snooping around my things or else Yeon and I will really move out."

"After that scare days ago? As much as I want the house to my self and my Robin, I'll have to disagree with you on that at least not for now."

"Yea, the situation the last couple of days has been rather grim."

"Not only that. I've become fond of Yeon and seeing him having nightmares like that gave me déjà vu since I was the one who mostly spent the nights with him when he moved in. I somewhat feel protective, like he's become my second son."

Clearing his throat, dad Joss added. "Don't tell your dad I said that. I have a nonchalant reputation to keep."

"Since when did you become so thoughtful and sentimental? This is weird."

"Will you just continue taking your pictures! And why are you taking so many of them?" Dad Joss asked, seeming embarrassed and irritated at the same time.

"I'm keeping an eye on the things Yeon might like the most. I may not be able to remember most of them later."

"I don't get you. I thought you were just taking pictures of him out of hobby."