19. When You Smile

I couldn't get the image of his face out of my mind, neither could I forget how his scent tasted like. Even so, he kept calling for someone else and as I looked at my hand, sticky and wet, I thought to myself, 'did I just help him jerk off?'

Both my parents were of the same sex and I had nothing against anyone who paired or fated with a man but guys weren't my first choice, not that I hadn't tried dating guys before....but my father who'd birthed me had had it rough. I almost lost him even before I could see him. His womb had not fully developed when he got pregnant with me and he often reminded me not all marked males experienced the same reproductive changes, neither did all accept that change. He'd had to have a hysterectomy after having severe pelvic pain and fibroids. Post the surgical procedure, he went into early menopause which greatly affected his relationship with my other father and finally, they divorced. 

They had been pairs but not fated mates, so my other father couldn't scent him and their spiritual essence was also weak, since only fated mates were able to experience scent manifestation and manipulation. I was forced to grow, sharing them for years and later when I joined college, they somehow managed to rekindle their old spark. Often times, I wondered what would happen if either of them had met their fated mates. Would I be the person that I am today?

Yeon's moans echoed in the bathroom, still calling for someone else and I closed my eyes, hoping to stick around until he was done but I couldn't. The thought of how he'd reacted after I manipulated my scent made my body heat up... I hadn't even realized I'd let out scent until I felt him reacting to it yet, despite that knowledge, I still wanted to hold him and help him find at least his first release, even if I despised him. However, I doubted my body which had already began to react to his scent, or was it the memory of him moaning next to my ear when I helped him jerk off?

I had to get out of here!

Once I got to my other apartment, the privacy gave me comfort and I washed off his scent from me. I felt tired all of a sudden and only realized I'd taken a nap after waking up. It was almost time for campus curfew so I rushed back, hoping he hadn't left yet. He must be freezing too considering how much water I'd poured on him to prevent his scent from filling my apartment.

Was I cruel in doing so? Maybe a little...though if I hadn't done that, his heat would have lasted much longer.

He must be hungry too so I stopped by a fast food restaurant and had me a takeaway for two. Wait...why was bothered for his welfare? Was it because we were fated mates? Must be since I wouldn't give a care to his well being otherwise. Still though, why did it have to be him? The grumpy campus loner. He was barely my type....overly outspoken, an introvert and he hated me without getting to know me.

The lights were on when I got to the door so maybe he was awake...or had left.

He appeared surprised to see me, sitting on my bed, his wet clothes clinging onto him and from his facial expression, he seemed anxious. I wondered to myself how long he'd been sitting there.

"Could you change first before making my bed wet?" I asked him, an urge to protect him nudging me to reach out to him but I fought it and restrained myself.

He stuttered as he spoke. "I...I want to go home... My phone is dead...it was in my pocket the whole time so...I need to get in touch with my sister to come and get me."

I must have been mistaken to have thought him anxious for he looked extremely nervous, as if I was making him afraid and I knew I was staring at him but I couldn't help it. He seemed fragile.

"Just let me borrow your phone and I'll be out of your way..."

"You're still sitting on my bed." Damn it. What was wrong with me, staring at him and unashamed of it? Must be the residual scent he'd left behind still confusing me.