41. Chasing A Fantasy

"What made you so late yesterday that Stan had to be the one to bring you over?" Niel asked Yeon. They were sitting on the floor, using Yeon's folded futon as a table.

"It's a long story which I do not want to talk about."

"Honestly I would have never expected to ever see you and that arrogant bastard together. You coming out of his car looking comfortable made my eyes sore."

"Same goes to you. " Yeon said, unable to understand why Niel was judging him when he had willingly rode in Stan's car the day they'd come together to Stan's parents house. "He actually called you to come and see me that day?"

"He did say you've been missing family and friends so I volunteered to come seeing that I'd wanted to clear somethings with you. Why hadn't he completed the mark anyway? You two are playing a dangerous game acting complaisant and all."

"Please do not talk about that topic with me ever again. Everywhere I go that is all I hear. His parents are both doctors, his uncle and who knows who else. Let's talk about other interesting topics like what is currently happening between you and Mijin."

"I could also say I do not wish to talk about it however, I can't blame you for wanting to know more after leaving you hanging like that the other day. By the way, did you bring my jacket, the one I'd lent you?"

Handing over the jacket to him, Yeon was disappointed to hear Niel insist he should start being more dependent on Stan's scent.

"I thought we agreed on not talking about him."

"I can't help it, I'm concerned for you Yeon. Why are you postponing it and being sturbbon about it? The guy clearly likes you so I'm guessing you're the one not cooperating."

"It's not that easy having sex with someone I used to hate."

"Used to hate can be a step towards tolerating him enough to allow him to mark you then leave him...though I wouldn't suggest that since you two are fated." Niel's expression was bemused when he added, "...but seriously, everyone searches for their fated, aren't you at least thrilled it's with a good looking guy...without paying much attention to his arrogance and his temper?"

Yeon laughed a little. Hearing all these from Niel considering how he feels about him sounded ridiculous especially after knowing how much he and Mijin had despised Stan. However, he wanted to ask him what he'd thought of Stan and their proposed sexual friends 'situation-ship.'

Yeon went on further to expound on that matter assuming he would understand more since he had been in an open relationship with Mijin for several months, even though that led to their original relationship coming to an end.

"That won't work. There is always someone who ends up loving the other more. In my case it was me...see where it got me?" Niel asked, shrugging his shoulders in surrender. "I miss your sister so much and there is nothing I can do about this aftermath loneliness. I used to hear her sneaking behind me and pretend to be surprised, the little gifts she'd buy me because she was thinking of me, our time spent together...I used to laugh at her reaction whenever she'd start sneezing nonstop after I let out my scent. Even though in the end she was unable to bear it, I was glad he'd accepted me despite that. Nowadays, I have a lot of happy memories together with her that I'm often finding myself regretting giving her that ultimatum."

"You know she has been looking for you right? She won't stop until she finds you."

"I know. I had to stay in a cheap hotel for a while before I moved here. I'll be graduating soon, that's why I rented out this place temporarily. I don't intend on being here for the ceremony since I'll be leaving for the states. A change of environment might help me recover from this heartache."