46. Pregnant Or Not

Stan was humming while nodding his head, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel while he drove happily towards his uncle's hospital. He was in such a good mood, as if he'd won a lottery.

It was late in the afternoon and despite knowing he had been late, he felt free spirited to care about time. As he was closing in at the entrance of the hospital, lab section, he glanced at a sleeping Yeon and gave out a broad smile when he saw his neck full of hickies he'd been responsible for. Yesternight had been epic and to think all it had to take him to coax Yeon was a passion filled night, he almost regretted not pushing him this far earlier on.

He should have done this sooner.

"We are here Yeon." He said while lightly tapping his fated's shoulder who groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and frowned at the sight of a smiling Stan.

"It's all your fault that I'm this tired..." Sitting upright looking all absentminded, he noticed the entrance into the lab and asked, "What will I tell Dr. Jiwon now that I'm this late today?"

"Just call him uncle, it feels weird when you address him that way. Besides, we are officially dating now so it's fine."

"Agh!...Just when I'd forgotten about that. This day is going to be such a bust." Yeon frowned, looking back at the man responsible for it all.

Leaning closer to plant a kiss on his lover's forehead, Stan added excitedly. "Don't frown like that or I'll start thinking you need me to take care of you..."

"Shut up..." Yeon said as he pulled himself away from Stan and opened the door, almost falling down, unable to stand his own weight. He groaned and reached for his back while the other hand held onto the car.

Stan had been quick to rush to his side and asked him if he really wanted to report in today. "You could just come tomorrow...I had promised I wasn't going to do anything today and allow you plenty of rest."

"As if I'd believe that! Besides, who's going to follow up on my new project? I can't possibly expect your uncle to do everything for me." Standing up straight gradually, he added. "I have a colony of bacteria that might die out if not properly supervised and your uncle is busy!" Pulling away, Yeon reminded Stan today was not his day and encouraged him to leave before his uncle saw him.

"What does it matter if it's my day or not, we are dating now. You promised you won't take it back."

"You don't have to keep reminding me of last night!" Yeon said, feeling the rush of blood to his ears and cheeks as he quickly paced towards the entrance of the lab. "You sleep on the floor next time and no touching!"

"Yes I will but I'll be in your bed by morning!" Stan shouted back and laughed when Yeon slammed the door behind him.

"He is so cute."

"Who is?"

"What the!" Stan immediately turned around, startled to see his uncle behind him. "You scared me to death uncle!"

"For a basketball player, you have such poor situational awareness." Placing his hand on Stan's shoulder, he asked, a look of mischief on his face. "He is cute indeed. I saw his reaction, flustered everywhere. I'm happy you finally did it."

"Don't call him cute. He is mine so take care of him until I get back."

"So feisty just like a jealous lover." Stan's uncle said as he tapped on Stan's shoulder once more. "Can't say I blame you so next time, bring him on time...though you should have at least encouraged him to rest for a day or two after marking him."

Stan had expected this misunderstanding from his uncle just like from everyone else who'd been pushing him to mark Yeon. He knew they couldn't help rushing him but he didn't want to mark his fated in his current broken state...it just didn't sit right with him. He'd hoped to build some level of trust, a connection with his fated before crossing that chapter and now that he was getting somewhere good with him, things had began falling into place, especially last night was a huge achievement for him when he'd pushed Yeon to the limit, coaxing him through lovemaking until he'd agreed to let him go if he accepted to date him. Yeon had been too sturbbon, enduring...persevering until he surrendered.