5. Loosing control

"You must think I'm a clueless idiot for you to storm in the practice hall like that. Did you expect coach to favor you just because you had it worse at the party?"

"What the...?"

"Need I remind you there have been other victims besides yourself and every one of them came to thank the basketball team. You're the only one that felt entitled, demanding to see me. What? Did you think I'd actually come outside just because you ordered me so?"

Who was this idiot thinking he was, talking to me like this? I was minding my own business on my way home after talking to Mora... To think I decided to let my issue with him slide, and trust Mora with the others that they actually believed he wasn't involved in the drugging incident. Now we were standing by the main entrance and from the looks of it, everyone wanted to talk to him, watching both of us closely, hoping I'd leave and let them have their chance with him... Damn it! Why did he have to stop me?

"You son of a bitch. You're way out of line to talk to me like that when you know nothing about me. I was right to have hated your guts from the first time I saw you."

"How impolite of you? Should I cry and beg you to like me?" Moving closer to me, he whispered, "You were throwing yourself at me just like your dear sister has thrown herself to every other guy on this campus."

Damn him! I wish I could punch him and wipe that smirk on his face. People seem to think he was such a cool guy. If only they knew how much of an asshole he was.

"Listen, I don't know who the heck you think you are or what you think you know but you have no right to talk about my sister. I was expecting you to meet up to the hero title you'd been so graciously labelled but here you are, calling me impudent and throwing a fit. Secondly, I'd never throw myself to the likes of you even if you were the last maggot in this world. Stay out of my way."

I had to leave...the crowd was forming way too fast and despite us speaking in low tones, my body language gave out tension. In my head, I knew I shouldn't just let this matter go but I couldn't bring myself to. My stomach was knotting the more I stood here in the eyes of many.

"If you are going to leave like that, you might as well ask every other sexual predator to come after you. Didn't you hear what the coach said? You're freshly marked. Soon, you'll be begging for release from the person that marked you..."

"You're the one that marked me!" Damn it! I lost my temper... I had to get out of here. Everyone was looking at us and I realized my mistake the moment I saw a number or jaws dropping. I looked back at him... It was as if he was oblivious to the large crowd that had formed around us. What's the deal with him? Or did he just enjoy being the center of attention?

"You need to calm down. If you continue to let your emotions control you, the mark will take over and you'll go into heat in the presence of everyone...at least that was how I found you."

I saw him move a step closer and I unconsciously moved back. I needed to run away but my body wouldn't move. He frowned when I rejected his hand that he'd stretched out. Was he trying to help me after hurling insults at me? And why was it suddenly hot? I wanted to take off my jacket... I was feeling suffocated...

"Stan, you need to get him out of here, he's starting to scent out. You do that while we do crowd control." One of the guys he was with at the practice hall said to him and before I realized, there had been four guys, as tall as him sending everyone off.

"Nothing to see here so go home!" One of them said and looked back at Stan who was glaring at me as if he wanted to slit my throat. "Stan, you live close by so take him quickly! This guy won't last much longer!"

"Why does it have to be me, any of you can take him!"

"Unless you want Elric to take him! The rest of us have afternoon classes except for you two..."

"Fine damn it!"