57. Fighting Over You

"I promise to do better please Niel and I'll speak to my brother as earlier promised. We've fought before but never for this long..."

"Get out of my room Mijin. You had no right to barge in here. Damn it! I can't even enjoy a paradise beach because of you and your lover hovering around me all day long" Niel was speaking as he walked towards his unpacked suitcase. He was supposed to leave tonight and was running late because of Mijin. He hadn't expected to find her in his room in waiting, confronting him...or rather beg him to take her back.

This was another side of Mijin he'd never expected to see.

"We should have broken our relationship a long time ago. We are toxic to each other." Niel said calmly, remembering vividly Elric's words and hating to have to agree that he had been right in pointing that out. "If we are to get back together again, I doubt I'll ever be able to leave you or even grow as an individual as I have in the last few weeks of being away from you."

"You can't possibly fathom such thoughts babe. We were good together, a team. Three years of our lives spent together going down the drain over a simple misunderstanding... Haven't I promised to remain loyal to you?"

Packing his clothes, Niel replied without looking at Mijin. "I don't regret us being together. I did my part as a boyfriend and supported your goals and dreams. We agreed to part ways if either of us met our fated mate but I can't continue to be blind to our reality and play along with you. I've given up on the childlishness of meeting a fated anyway. Well, after suffering loneliness the past couple of weeks, I can now understand Yeon not wanting to have his heart toyed with again because it really hurts to find out I was in a relationship with you all by myself. Please Mijin, respect my decision and just move on with your life..."

"...but I still love you babe..."

"We are not dating anymore so stop calling me that." Niel said and resumed packing his clothes. "Where are my inhibitors?" He thought aloud looking exhausted as he reached for the drawer and took a tablet out only for Mijin to slap his hand away. He watched in silence at the pill fell underneath his bed but seemed unbothered and reached to get himself another one.

"Please stop ignoring me!" Mijin shouted and grabbed both his hands. "The fact that you are still taking inhibitors shows you still care about me..!"

"I'm doing so because you are here and I do not wish to make anyone uncomfortable. In fact, I planned on stopping once I left for the states. There I'll be completely free of you."

"States?" Mijin's hands fell from him, setting him free to resume packing his belongings and was stopped yet again when she grabbed his bag, spilling it's contents on the floor.

"You're leaving me? Running away like a coward?" Mijin scoffed angrily.

"Yes. I am a coward and a snitch and I hate it. This is what I have become from being with you....and if you insist on getting in my way, I'll gladly inform the police what I know of your escapades with Maya..."

"I told you that in confidence!"

"Your brother could have died Mijin! Have you no remorse over what you two did?"

"I loved you!"

"So did I and look where it got us? You don't listen to anyone but yourself Mijin! You don't think about the consequences of your actions and who it may hurt either...even now, you're more concerned of your needs than paying attention to what I'm saying..."

"Did you really tell Yeon everything...?" Mijin asked and stiffened, hoping for a positive answer. She had been suspicious of her brother from the moment he and Stan showed up. He'd been avoiding eye contact with her and hadn't ran to embrace her as he usually did, not to mention avoiding her calls for some time. She'd just assumed it had been Stan's influence but still, there was no way Yeon would have changed in such a short time.