93. I Don't Like It

"Why didn't you come to the graduation ceremony? I thought we would take pictures together like Stan and Yeon."

Looking up from his phone, Niel replied. "We are not Stan and Yeon."

"You know what I mean! I waited for you like a fool..."

Niel glanced up and down in admiration at how well dressed Elric was, his pocker face on but then shook his head and decided not to respond to his fated's tantrums.

"Hey! I'm talking to you..."

"This is the first time I've seen you loose your temper like this. Turns out, behind that protective mask of yours is a hidden kid crying for attention..."

"Enough with psychoanalyzing me! It really irritates me when you do that!"

"I didn't want to come because I didn't want to come. What's hard to understand? We hadn't discussed going together anyways..."

"Why would we discuss the obvious? There is never going to be another first graduation even for you."

Standing up from his bed, Niel walked towards the ajar door past Elric, who only became more furious with how unconcerned Niel was. "Look Elric, not today. I'm exhausted..."

"You're always cooped up in this room and are always scrolling through your phone! What could have possibly made you exhausted?"

"I went job hunting. I always do that the moment you and your mother leave."

Niel's answer made Elric feel a tinge of guilt but still wasnt enough to calm his anger down. He'd been looking foreword for months to having them celebrate their graduation that he'd hoped to exit campus with a bang but things had gone haywire the moment he realized Niel's absence.

Looking for him and asking about, he came in contact with people he'd never thought he'd see again. Luckily, because of people's knowledge about his family's influence, no one bothered him much except false congratulated him exaggeratively as if they had been excited he was finally leaving the campus premises, for good. It was only when Yeon had informed him of Niel's intentions of not being there for the graduation ceremony that it dawned on him how far apart he and Niel were.

They'd often spent nights together and some mornings when he slept late if his mother didn't need him but today of all days, the last day to be in this campus, Niel had chosen to be a no show.

"You should have told me you're looking for a job..."

"Don't even go there." Niel raised his hand to stop Elric from speaking further. "I know you may not know since you've lived a life of privilege but us poor people have a lot of pride. We like to carry our own weight."

"What is that supposed to mean? We are dating and it's normal for me to want to help my boyfriend."

Elric's statement brought Niel to a halt as his shoulders shook from laughter but didn't turn to face Elric. "Are we really dating? I'm I your boyfriend?" Turning to look back at Elric, he said. "Don't get confused. Our relationship is plain and simple. We are just fated mates. We never made anything official."

"That's mean Niel. It almost feels like your rejection and actions towards me are intentional." Closing the distance between him and Niel, Elric spoke. "I never apologized about being involved with Mijin so I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for talking about her openly to you among other things I did with her. Didn't you purnish me on several occasions because of it? Or you just wanted to hear it out aloud me saying I was sorry."

"You and her are so much alike."

"What?" Elric felt his heart sink for a moment.

"You're throwing a tantrum because you didn't have things your way." Seeing the hurt in Elric's eyes, it was only a matter of seconds that Niel perceived Elric's scent brieflly. He seemed unaware he was scenting out but Niel didn't want to bring it to his attention. He finally decided to change the subject since arguing with Elric always left him feeling exhausted. "I didn't have a suit, that's why I didn't come."