176. April's Fools

"I'd say the best moment was when I walked down the aisle. I had fantasized a million times about seeing Yeon standing beside me post officiating our union. The thought that he chose to do life with me made me jittery. He is finally mine hence all of you have to seek permission from me before snatching him away to run your little errands. I'm talking specifically to my dads and uncle."

"So territorial of you when just a few hours ago, you'd forgotten your vow, all five of them." Stan's uncle teased, pulling his wife closer after sending everyone into laughter but Stan didn't seem to care. His attention was on his fated while he brushed his hair away from his forehead.

"I prefer your hair up like this. I get to see your face more." Stan had said but before Yeon could answer, dad Joss warned Yeon to place boundaries lest his fated began to make decisions for every little thing in his life. Once more, Yeon's attention was shifted to the discussion about his fated's obsessiveness with him, Stan still remaining shamelessly trapped in a state of nostalgia.

'How is it that he hasn't realized it? Or I'm I the only one who feels like this alone? Look at him, narrating our story as if it were an easy rife; the things we've endured and learned about each other. I still regret to this day why I ignored you all those years, my campus loner.

Honestly, I'm yet to fully understand you, my love. The way you think or work... How you operate but against all odds, you still continue to soar that even now, I'm mesmerized by the defect in your eyes. To others, it may seem peculiar, unique and captivating but to me, all your imperfections are a constant reminder of how we officially met, the day I shall cherish for the rest of my life." Stan's last thoughts were concluded while he played with the wedding ring Yeon had put on him a few hours ago.

"Stannie...?"

"I don't think he heard you. You might have to speak louder than that honey." Dad Robin teased.

"Look at him, still mesmerized by the jewellery he had on."

"I can't blame him though." Stan's uncle said. "This has been something that he has wanted for the longest time. To love and to be loved."

"I guess that's it for diaries. Where are we supposed to snoop around when we get bored?"

"Oh, do not worry." Yeon, who'd been sitting beside his fated assured. "He has a separate compartment inside our coat closet for the things he has sentimental value for."

"Still terrible at hiding stuff huh?"

"He compensates his forgetfulness by jotting things down."

"My son on the other hand has selective memory, only choosing to give attention to things he finds important." Yeon's dad snitched. "...But when he decides to remember, he recalls even the tiniest of details that would have otherwise skipped one's attention."

"The wedding was rather expensive." Dr Jiwon spoke. "I'd say if not for the floral decorations, the two horses were the most extravagant decisions I've ever made."

"Way to come through last minute Jiwon. Stannie felt bad when Yeon had cancelled that idea out."

"He did what now?" Dr Jiwon asked, a tinge of betrayal creeping on him as his eyes drifted to look at his nephew, whose eyes were still resting on the wedding ring dressing his finger.

"Why do you seem surprised? The photo session went great in fact, I'd like to think the two mares enjoyed being the centre of attention."

"What are you talking about? Stannie said Yeon wanted the horses at the ceremony."

"Not really. It placed a burden on the budget so I told him to cancel." Yeon confirmed. "Then you offered last minute to cover the cost, both dad Robin and Stan confirming the purchase so I had no choice but to go along with the plan. That was very generous of you Dr Jiwon."