37. When Lips Part

"Why are you torturing me? Thirty minutes is all I had asked for but you left! What if something were to happen to you again?"

"It makes me uncomfortable whenever you act as if you care for me. Don't do it anymore."

The two were walking on a lonely path towards Stan's parents home. Upon Stan's return, both Yeon and Niel had left and eventhough he may have stayed a little longer outside, he'd hoped Yeon would be happy to see his beloved Niel hence gave them more privacy time. It seemed to have been a terrible idea judging from Yeon's foul mood.

Additionally, Niel had given Yeon his sweater too. He must have known Yeon was scenting out as he did now. Even though that was a temporary solution that had worked before, Stan could still smell Niel's scent growing faint by the minute as Yeon's scent continued to overpower it.

"What happened between you two? When I left you weren't this moody, in fact you seemed rather happy." Stan couldn't hide his curiosity anymore. There was no way Niel's departure would have made him this grumpy. What had happened between them? Did Yeon finally confess to Niel and got rejected? What that it?

"You called him to come here. Stop playing innocent. It doesn't suit you. Besides, you don't need to worry. We can still go on the date you'd planned. I do not wish to be an inconvenience to your parents or anyone else."

Date? What was Yeon talking about? This must be his parents doing. Stan could smell their mischief woven around Yeon's words. He'd only told them about dinner but still, all was in Stan's favor to have brought Niel over to cheer him up. Though, at the moment it seemed like it had been a mistake.

"We can go tomorrow. If we are to go somewhere now, I won't be able to make dinner on time. Actually I left you two because I'd gone to buy groceries."

"You know I like Niel...I saw you, the way you looked at me while I was hugging him. Niel may be dense in not noticing but nothing skips you by." Yeon stopped and looked up at Stan. "We are fated yet we are both in love with other people. I will not act on my feelings for Niel not even in the future. However, I can't accept our current situation regardless. This is not an excuse to reject you or show lack of appreciation for what your parents have done for me but let's accept it. Nothing good will ever come from you and me being fated. Even if we abandon our feelings for the one we love and focus on getting along, we'll just end up breaking up and that will become a huge mess."

"Whatever gave you the idea that I liked someone else? Was it Niel that planted that idea in you? Or perhaps your sister..."

The mention of Mijin made Yeon feel triggered but he controlled himself. If he were to lose his temper, he'd just go into heat like last time and have Stan witness another embarrassing scene from him. How many times had he seen him naked and vulnerable already? Not to mention, cleaning him up afterwards? What about when he'd purposely provoked him and they almost...

"Yeon, your face is turning red...are you sure you feel okay? We aren't far from home so if we rush I can take you to my parent's clinic..."

"The photo of you and your girlfriend in your apartment...during my first heat with you." Yeon responded, unable to look at Stan in the eye. "Isn't she your girlfriend?"

Stan broke into laughter, relieved there weren't rumors Yeon had heard of him. "That was my aunt, my father's younger sister...dad Robin as you like to call him. She passed away a few years back and I've been keeping that picture with me ever since. We were almost age mates and used to get a long well... though I can't blame you for making that assumption. There have been others who thought the same." Stan responded with Elric in mind since he'd always assumed her aunt to be his girlfriend. Yeon had been the first Stan felt the need to clarify the misunderstanding to.