126. I Caught You

"Six months you've opposed my release case after case. I wonder how you'll compensate me for slandering me." 

"Careful not make any threats. This conversation could be recorded."

"You came alone. That only means you are here to negotiate. Besides, your minions are not with you. I wonder why?" 

Elric's mother had felt her heart racing the moment she knew she was going to face Mora's father. He had an aura around him that made her legs go numb and now that she was in his presence, she began to feel lightheaded despite the confidence she sturbbonly tried to push for show. 

'Those bastards had every right to be scared but still...I have to do this! This is my only chance!' 

"Seems like my daughter has achieved her goal." 

"What goal could that be?" Elric's mother asked, pushing further the shrouding feeling of fear that was slowly creeping within her. There was a way Mora's father glared at her that she conjured an image of Elric gasping for air.  She thought of how her last meeting with her opponent's accomplices described how his daughter had been killed by the man sitting infront of her... That image gave her goosebumps.

'Facing him alone...was I too confident?'

"That is between me and her, though I still hold the ace in my hand."

"I'm not sure what you are insinuating but if you wish to receive a less sentence you need to cooperate with me." 

"Of course I will." Mora's father smiled then leaned back at his chair and Elric's mother glanced at his cuffed hands, a sense of relief surrounding her.

"Stop petronising me. I'm not one to jump because you barked."

"I'm serious. I'm loosing a lot of money and there is no prospect of me getting out soon. Surely you must how running business is without leadership. That is why I'm willing to come to a settlement."

"Your lawyers are finally starting to understand the situation, but I know you are simply agreeing for the sake of a mental health plea in future." 

"You looked into my past. How did I not expect that?"

'He is teasing me.' Elric's mother could slowly feel fear begin to infest her again. 'He is toying with me! Instilling doubt bit by bit, distracting my thoughts with hate for him just so I can begin to stutter and within seconds, he'll control my every thought, snatch away my confidence and hope just so I can bend to his will... No, I won't let him dominate me!'

"Your lawyers are formidable and so I'm I."

"You won't have the last laugh as long as you are affiliated with my daughter. She is simply playing the pauper." 

"We know you are a psychopath and so is Mora." 

"So what? Should I be jumping with joy at your discovery?"

"Your daughter's psychopathy could have been managed but you fed into her desires and brought about instability in her personality. For the sake of cooperation which in the end will benefit you the most, try to see my logic and help us figure out her weakness."

"Her weakness? You mean her Achilles' heel?

'I'm not surprised he knows.' "You seem well informed."

"Of course. I trained her myself. I should know too since you deemed me a psychopath, right?"

"What is her weakness?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Mora's father said. "I didn't raise her to have any weakness to begin with. They hinder evolution if not stagnate it. Yet, despite my vision for her, her mother had to intervene and corrupt her brain with fantasies of wanting to fit in."

Love Againजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें