164. Greedy Guests

"Haesol..." Yeon's father grunted. "We need to teach her some manners. The way she feeds, people are going to assume she isn't fed well at home."

Yeon's mother laughed, her attention on cradling the twins , one on each of her arms. "I believe that stage will pass soon enough. My attention is more on how tiny and cuddlesome the twins are sweetheart."

"How could they not be when Haesol is gulping everything down."

"Come on, she is just an infant with an appetite and that's alright."

"She should still leave some for Luca and Lusha. Look at them? Aren't they too light for their age?"

"Elric said they've been like this from the beginning sweetheart so stop complaining. You'll pop a blood vessel with all that stressing."

"Fine." Yeon's dad surrendered then moved a little closer to his fated, taking Lusha from his wife.

The two had been staring at the twins for a while, enjoying their suckling sounds as they stared back at them. Yeon's parents were still surprised they hardly cried. The only time the two had wailed their lungs out was when Elric tried to force them to breastfeed but they both refused, tilting their heads away from the nipple. It was quite an amusing sight to Yeon's parents as Elric coaxed the twins, begging them with no success, until Haesol took over, pulling at Elric's breasts as she gulped everything down until nothing was left.

"What a shame." Yeon's mother spoke, a gentle smile on her face. "I can never understand why they prefer the bottle over their own mother's milk."

"Where is Niel by the way?"

"I'm not sure if I quite understood Elric's explanation but he seems to be working on something with his mother."

"Really? How is Niel involved with the case?'

"I'd thought the same however Elric assured me it's quite the opposite. Something about mentorship. Apparently, Stan went through the same thing with Elric's mother and now he is making lots of passive income."

"Hmm..." Yeon's dad nodded, though his attention was more on the infant he held fondly in his arms. Memories of cradling both Mijin and Yeon played in his mind and he smiled. Being a new parent had been quite a challenge for him that even after having Mijin, he still struggled with Yeon. Elric appeared to be much more calmer than he was. Hajin too seemed eager, always waiting for Haesol to wake up so he could play with her.

"Has Elric been coming here often?" Yeon's mother inquired.

"From time to time, though mostly, Hajin goes over to his place."

"You left him unsupervised with Haesol?"

"Yea. I can't say I fully rely on him when it comes to our granddaughter but what choice do I have? At the end of the day, he is her father and one day, Haesol will begin asking questions why we are raising her instead of her father. You were right. Haesol deserves to grow up normally. Mijin may have refused to acknowledge her but Hajin is giving it his all to his daughter even to the point of facing his father. Did he tell you how it went down?"

"Not really. I'm hardly at home so I rarely interact with him."

"Well, let us just say his father didn't take it lightly to him officiating the end of their relationship. Hajin has been seeking legal advice on completely cutting ties with his mother. I was against it of course since I do not wish for Haesol to grow up how Mijin and Yeon did, completely away from their grandparents but if push comes to shove, what else is he supposed to do."

A gentle knock on their door startled them both.

"Are we expecting anyone?"

"It's probably Niel here to pick up his husband." Yeon's father replied as he placed Lusha gently onto his wife's extended arm.