92. Uncomfortable Truths

"Dad, how is the case going? I haven't had any news from you guys. Seems Elric's mom wants us to lay as low as possible."

"Your mother and I are overwhelmed as it is with talking care of your sister and renovating the gym. Have you spoken to your sister by the way?"

"Yesterday when we came in."

"Oh yea, your mom mentioned it. Sorry son. My memory is failing me. I have a lot on my mind at the moment and I feel bad I didn't get much time with your fated. I wanted to adress an issue that was of a concern to me regarding you two."

"What is it?"

"Now that you're both graduating tomorrow. Do you want us to be at the ceremony?"

"It's not necessary. Stan's parents said they will come so I believe the two of them to just be enough for me and Stan..."

Yeon's dad smiled. "Look at you getting all excited. For months you didn't want to attend your classes. I know you've looked forward to this day for the longest time."

"Actually it wasn't my choice to attend the ceremony. Stan kind of planned everything. I missed six session of the support group I was to attend but Stan spoke on my behalf. We agreed if he can manage to convince my faculty of my absence then I'll attend the ceremony with him. Earlier, I got a call from him confirming my clearance."

"He must really care for you."

Yeon laughed. "Only because he is getting something in return."

"I'm happy that you are happy son. You are the child that has worried me the most since you were born. To see you this happy and fated, it's a dream come true. Its unfortunate that once we had just began celebrating you, Mijin..."

"Dad don't worry about it. Knowing Mijin, she will recover in due time. Remember you brought her to stay with me because of her strong personality. Do you really think she will allow herself to wallow in distress? That's something I'd do but not her."

"Hehe to see you this happy and trying to cheer me up, thank you my son. I hope you can stay here longer. You've abandoned your mother and I, only sticking to your fateds family."

"You're the one who insisted I leave. Infact, you literally kicked me out of here, asking Mijin to help me pack my bags. I didn't even get the chance to speak up for myself."

"I remember that day like it was yesterday. To think we were finding you a pair when you'd already met your fated mate, and a good one at that. Are they treating you well?

"Stan's parents are very loving that I never lack anything. They drop me to work and the uncle takes me back... sometimes I think everything went too well in my life that whenever I think back to how miserable I was and the things I went through, it may sound ridiculous but to be where I am right now, the suffering was worth it."

"Wow. What you just said...well, as a parent, I'm proud of you son. And I speak for your mother too. But still, regarding the issue I had wanted us to talk about. Stan informed me you're already working and earning."

"It wasn't planned really. His uncle put me on payroll since he needs a helping hand. I'm learning a lot of stuff dad. I'd never considered focusing my research on fated mates but now I am. He is an excellent doctor. He thinks am a prodigy and has taken me under his wing. Honestly dad I'm thinking of either going back to study medicine of fated mates or just focus on research."

"Whatever makes you happy Yeon. You have our full support."

"Dad, you seem a little off. Are you okay?"

"We are expecting a guest today. Suzzie and your mother will get here later in the evening so I'm feeling apprehensive since I do not know how to converse with our guest. He is the sister to Mijin's fated."