39. Facing The Truth

"I'm glad both of you came, I must admit I was skeptical if either of you would show up, especially you Yeon. Dr. Robin informed me you haven't visited his practice yet."

"He had just moved in with my parents so he needed more time to adapt to the new environment." Stan responded in Yeon's stead.

"Actually, I'd already payed a number of visits to the doctor post my marking. I only came in today since we were informed you specialize on patients with my case."

"Indeed I do and I've looked into your file from the other doctor you saw before. So far everything seems normal for a person of your case, however, I was informed you've been only let out one scent...until two days ago I presume?"

"I honestly can't tell..."

"Can't tell?" The doctor's face showed concern. "Then how are you able to perceive your fated's scent?"

"Is that a problem uncle?" Stan asked.

"It's Doctor Jiwon to you Stannie..."

"If you call me that I'll keep calling you uncle, uncle."

Yeon smiled at at their stubbornness. If anything, this guy was the exact replica of Stan. He was the elder brother to Dad Joss. Yeon had learned at this point most of Stan's family members were doctors...which didn't explain why Stan had chosen to deviate from that field.

Sighing, Dr. Jiwon shifted his attention back to Yeon and continued. "I believe there is no need for more tests since I've already checked your file. The issue of not being able to perceive your scent is a problem indeed since you won't be able to know whether you're letting out scent, either too much or too little. Your eyes tell me a lot without having to thoroughly check it as well. Have you perhaps considered wearing contact lenses...they are quite distracting, though I must admit they are good to look at..."

"He doesn't need them and stop flirting with him uncle..."

"Stannie...I'll be coming to your tests soon so stay quiet for a moment. If you keep jumping in, I'll have to hand over my white coat and a stethoscope to you. Didn't you despise joining the medical field?"

"Just be a doctor and stop making pointless suggestions to Yeon. He has already visited enough doctors as it is not to mention the police station. Summarize, please!"

"Stan, maybe you should step out for a bit." Yeon said. The tension between them two was making him uncomfortable.

"Don't worry yourself Yeon. We are always like this. This is a normal day for us. Even so, Stannie has to be here since what I have to say concerns you two."

Stan's uncle perused through both Yeon and Stan's files and after a few seconds, he finally spoke up. Both Yeon and Stan had been anxious since they were unable to read his face.

"In the event that you don't complete the marking, you are aware of the consequences correct?" Both Yeon and Stan nodded. "Well, there's more. You may experience frequent longer heats unlike before. Your incomplete marking is basically calling out for help, to put it simply. This imbalance inside your body has created a great turmoil with your hormones since your womb is also growing...a lot of changers are happening in your body. It might explain why you may not be able to perceive your own scent or know how to control it. Additionally, my brother, Dr. Joss informed me you were only manipulating one scent and that is obviously due to your incomplete marking.

In the coming days, prepare yourself for these and you're very lucky to have your fated with you. If it wasn't for him, you would have been mentally unstable by now and I'm sorry to say this to you my dear Yeon, those bastards had every intention to use you as a sex slave. I have dealt with hundreds of cases such as yours, many of my patients unable to get their normal lives back. A few paired to complete their marking and almost none being able to find their fated. Others were first rejected before being accepted in the case of fated mates. We all know we can't fight the power of fated and spiritual essence but your case, well... All I can conclude at the moment is Stan did come just in time to stop your imprint from continuing as well as slow down the marking. Not much damage has been done when it comes to that so you'll still be able to redeem your marking to completion. It is your right as a human being, your chastity, only given to your pair consensually, or your fated mate in similar fashion.