44. Two Promises

"Movie?

"No."

"Picnic?"

"No."

"There is a concert happening in the evening at..."

"No."

"Hmm, what about petting a cat at a cats cafe? If you're not into that, we can go dog walking in the morning before I drive you to uncle..."

"Anything you suggest I'll say no to it."

"We could go to your parents place. It's been a while since you saw them...or if you wish to see your sister, just let me know where she lives and I'll take you there"

"What's your problem? Why do you keep interfering with my peace?"

"Well, I don't need to be your fated to notice how melancholic you look sometimes..."

"So what? It's none of your concern how I feel so what should it bother you? I don't interfere in your life so why are you disturbed by my sadness? I like it so I choose to keep it! What is it to you?"

"I just feel you've been dwelling there far too long, I can't help but want to protect you since we are fated! Besides allowing yourself to feel  sadness is equally important as feeling happiness. There should still be a balance, that's why these are two primary scents for such feelings held by everyone. Therefore I'm not overlooking or disrespecting your choice. I just want to be a part of your life despite me wanting to see you happy. I don't care anymore if we don't date Yeon. I admit at first I waned us to be lovers after being fated but I've changed my mind. I just want to see you happy.

"What a smooth talker you are Stan. Either way, we are not alike in many things. We differ in our way of thinking and have nothing in common. We will never get along too. There will always be a constant dark looming cloud above us so let us save ourselves some heartache. I for one I'm not willing to risk it all for anyone else anymore.

"I told you I'm not asking you to date me Yeon."

"I've been here for two days and you've bedded me to the point of almost breaking my back and ass yet, you still haven't marked me. You use scent inhibitors too. If  you really intended to see me happy, you should have completed the mark as you should of a fated mate. That is all I ask of you. Regardless, even if you don't, I'll be contended...I don't really care of going blind or whatever miserable future awaits me. I just want to end everything. I'm done with this world and I'm really curious if there is a better life unlike this one.

Stan had been laying his head on Yeon's lap, looking up to him as he spoke. They'd been like this for a couple of minutes after lunch and in the time Yeon had spent here, he'd refused to go out...well he wouldn't be able to since every time he was awake, Stan would pounce on him without rest, yet, despite their intimacy, a major part of him kept yelling at him to pay more attention to Yeon's mental health.

"Why are you blocking your scent? You can't mark me if you're using inhibitors."

"Just let me continue liking you until you tire completely of me."

"You're exhausting to talk to."

"I know. and I won't give up on you so let's do something today together please. Afterwards, we shall do what you like."

"Stop taking inhibitors. That's all I ask."

"You really want to cut ties with me that bad, huh?"

"Yes."

Lifting himself up from Yeon's lap, Stan sat up and scooted next to  a revolted Yeon after kissing him. "There is no way of escaping me. I'd prefer going down and dirty again but we have to save some energy for tonight..."