105. An Act Of Love

Stan was rushing down the stairs hurriedly then slowed down at the sight of his parents sitting at the dining table. He hadn't realized they had returned from work since he had been busy in his room packing some of his stuff up. He'd spent the entire afternoon moving his clothes to Yeon's room, much of which had been ransacked by Elric whenever he'd visit and had nothing to put on.

'It's about time this guy moved out too.' He'd thought to himself.

It had been months since Stan had used his room hence he felt the need to vacate it in advance, picking his stuff too in preparedness for the day him and his fated would find their own place. He hadn't given up on convincing Yeon and seeming that he'd been having a lot of free time, he'd already scouted a number of rentals in the neighbourhood. However, most of the properties had been stand alone houses and were quite expensive to lease.

"Why are you guys here so early? I haven't even made dinner yet."

"You were awfully busy when we came in Stannie. Are you going somewhere?" Dad Robin asked.

"No. I was just organizing my room since I hadn't used it for a while. It'd become quite dusty."

"For a moment I thought you were packing to leave us and we stayed here to stop you just in case. Anyway, Yeon told us to wait for him here after work. He'll pop in anytime now."

"Is everything alright?"

"We are as clueless as you are." Replied dad Joss then took a sip of his coffee.

"He texted me to meet him too downstairs about five minutes ago..."

Just then, the door opened and their long awaiting had come to an end as Yeon appeared through the main entrance looking like he'd been quite in a rush.

Stan was about to advance towards Yeon then stopped to stare at what his fated was carrying.

"You came alone?" Dad Robin asked. It had been Stan's uncle daily routine to drop Yeon off and come in to say hello briefly but not today.

"No. Dr Jiwon just left. He said he had to get home to his wife earlier than usual." Yeon replied as he closed the door behind him.

'Why is he looking like that, carring flowers? Who gave it to him?'

"For you." Yeon extended the banquet of roses towards Stan the moment he got close enough to him.

"What?" Stan asked seeming perplexed, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"These are for you." Yeon replied, urging Stan to take the flowers from his hands.

Hesitating, Stan asked. "Why...? Who gave them to you to give me?"

"I bought them."

"You?" Stan's eyes shifted from the banquet he'd taken from his fated and back to look at him.

Yeon chuckled at his action, thinking to himself how ridiculous and awkward he must look infont of Stan's dads, who'd been watching from behind their son and cheering him on quietly. "Who else would buy you flowers silly?"

"Thank you, I guess." Stan replied after a brief silence taking the banquet from Yeon and admired them briefly.

"I wanted to give you something nice since you're always gifting me with one thing or another. I like flowers so I hope you like them too."

"Huh?" Stan seemed spaced out. He was still in disbelief that Yeon had actually bought him something...or thought of him rather, while he purchased the flowers. He remembered Yeon's fascination with outdoors, often enjoying their walks after he got home from his uncle's lab.

'Of course he likes flowers! He used to visit the agriculture club's garden frequently back in campus.'

Yeon had expected some form of excited reaction from his fated hence couldn't comprehend Stan's confused state, and to think Stan's parents were watching the entire spectacle begun to make him feel somewhat embarrassed.

'Perhaps red and pink roses were a terrible choice, though his uncle said he'd be happy..." Yeon thought.

"You don't like the flowers?"

"Ah...! Yes I do! They are pretty..."

"I'm relieved. I had trouble thinking what you like but your uncle was a great help in helping me find a good florist."

"Oh." Stan frowned a little then looked back at the banquet.

"I'm glad. I'll go upstairs and freshen up then come for dinner later." Yeon said and was on his way up the stairs after greeting Stan's dads.

"Are you guys behind this?" Stan turned to face his dads, who'd been suspiciously quiet the entire time.

"Nope, but we wanted to see your face when you got the flowers." Dad Joss spoke as he let out a mischievous low laugh. "I never took you to be the shy type."

Clicking a picture of Stan with his phone camera, dad Robin laughed at the irritated look from his son. "I need to use this as my wallpaper."

"Send it to me." Dad Joss said, his eyes on the clicked image of his son.

"You seemed to have anticipated something else Stannie. Is that why you look disappointed?"

"A ring perhaps." Dad Joss giggled.

"Did you actually think Yeon was going to propose to you first?"

When Stan remained silent, his parents assumed to have confirmed their suspicions. "Oh my word! This is hilarious!" Dad Joss began laughing while pointing a finger at Stan.

"Yeon is clueless Stannie. That's something you will do first not him."

"He probably has a ring prepared already." Dad Joss spoke while looking at his partner.

"Of course he has! He actions mirror your brother's when he was dating his wife!"

They both laughed again, Stan frowning at the sight of them enjoying his humiliation.

"Oh my, what a fine day. Glad you fell for our little lie Stannie. We just wanted to see your reaction. We told Yeon you would like to be shown affection in public after he sought advice from us on how to be more affectionate and seeing how courageously he asked us that, it appears you haven't told him of your escapades last weekend on the living room floor.

He refused a public display of course so we suggested him gifting you indoors instead. The flower idea was your uncle's by the way. Don't bash us up for it. We only recommended he get you something you would love and knowing how Yeon relies on logic, he must have assumed you'd like anything that he likes...not like that isn't the case anyway..."

"You two are evil." Stan cut in.

"Save the answer for later. I'm sure if you wait a million years, Yeon will ask you to marry him and you'll get that which you'd anticipated today."

"You did hope for a proposal a little too early don't you think? That was way too ambitious for you Stannie." Dad Robin was still snickering.

"Just you wait!"

"Oh please. You can't do anything to us. We'll report you to Yeon."

Stan suddenly halted and further frowned then looked back at the beautifully wrapped bonquet and smiled to himself.

"Wow. He really is like your brother honey! Stiffening just like him whenever we mention his wife." Dad Robin was enjoying his son's reactions.

Both of his parents stood up from their chair and informed Stan they wouldn't be having dinner with him and Yeon since they'd had a late lunch. "Goodnight Stannie. We've had a long day so we'll be retiring early. Make sure to put the flowers in a vase." Dad Joss said.

"Dream of a big extravagant wedding tonight. Your uncle had one too with his precious wife." Dad Robin added.

"He probably has already." Dad Joss said and they both laughed while heading up the stairs.

"You won't be invited if you keep pulling stunts like this!" Stan warned.

"Don't worry Stannie. Yeon will invite us instead."