23. He Is Mine

"How irresponsible can you be? Letting him go with Elric despite making out with him when your brother was being kidnapped!"

"You've been nothing but a sore thumb from the start! How did you even find out where Yeon lives?"

"Pick which of your boyfriends would tell me that, if you can remember their names that is..."

"Niel that bastard! Stay away from him Stan, and stay away from Yeon too! He needs to find a pair and Elric agreed to pair up with him without conditions..."

"You'd give your brother away for free like that...just to anyone as long as they can accept having sex with him?"

"Yeon agreed too! We made the recommendation and he accepted to go out with Elric, who is much a better choice than yourself! He will take care of my brother and people will stop targeting him!"

There was no way Elric was the better choice... I was here damn it and nobody asked me! I'm the one who rescued him! He is my fated mate!

Why couldn't I just tell her the truth!?

"Cat got your tongue? I'm right aren't I? You think you're better than anyone because you saved my brother? You should have just let him for the dead! Yeon is suffering because of you! Niel and I can't always be there to protect him with his half marking..."

"I will protect him!"

"Then why didn't you get there sooner? If you want to claim him, you should have gotten there on time and saved my brother from all this ridicule! He's suffered enough as it is and having a selfish person like you around will only draw him back to darkness!"

"Just tell me where they went to!" This was getting frustrating...

I heard a hoot as a familiar car drove towards us. It almost felt like a movie scene when I saw Elric get out of the car and I stood rooted on the spot, unresponsive as I saw him rush to open the other door on the passenger side. Yeon's sister calling out to him was what snapped me out of my state but still, I wasn't sure what to do. Should I run towards him just like his sister did or should I be confronting Elric over this matter, and what right did I have to do that? It's not like Yeon and I were in a relationship. Elric had done nothing wrong in fact, he'd told me about his date with Yeon which I'd thought I could take in but apparently, I kept thinking about it the entire day and that's what brought me here.

Glancing at the package that Mijin had taken from Yeon, I heard her mention it being Yeon's new phone and watched how Yeon looked excited, informing his sister of other things Elric had bought him as he gestured at the back seat. Elric had played his game far too well.

I quickly strode towards Yeon and got a hold of his hand to pull him away from his annoying sister. I had to get him away from these toxic two.

"What do you think you're doing? Let go!" Yeon tried to break free from my grasp as I strung him along and Elric rushed to bIock my path. I couldn't comprehend if it was reflex or instinct but my fist landed on Elric's face and I watched him with satisfaction as he fell from the impact of it. He'd said something to me but I hadn't heard him. His voice just sounded like a threat to Yeon and I wanted to protect him.

I must have been too slow to observe Elric retaliate as he landed a punch on me but instead of blocking myself, I shielded Yeon and found myself on the floor. Things happened so fast. Elric held one of Yeon's hands, pulling him away from me and myself pulling the other hand, none of us willing to let go.

"Let him go! He is letting out a lot of sent!" I could hear Mijin shouting from a distance and was relieved when Elric let Yeon go. Pulling him closer to my embrace, I stood up with Yeon still in my arms and glared at the two. I felt so angry! I wanted to kill them both!