101. Two Lovebirds

"Damn, I have an annoying itch on my back, Stan can you help me out?"

"You only need me at times like this."

Yeon kept struggling to unsuccessfully reach for the center of his back but gave up and looked at his fated. It wasn't uncommon to have Stan sulking when they were together but this time, he wanted to address any issues without leaving them piling up. Knowing Stan, he'd happily lay out each and everything Yeon may have done to him whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Provokingly, he spoke. "If you don't want to help me I can just ask your dad." Stan crisscrossed his legs but didn't offer to hep. He was sitting atop Yeon's bed, watching him with a plain look on him.

Giving up on his quest to bait Stan, Yeon asked. "What's wrong with you these days? You're as grumpy as I used to be."

"Why can't we move in together?"

"This again? Hadn't we finalized on this matter...?"

"Aren't we going steady already?" Stan cut in.

"You're too needy Stan. We discussed this last week."

"We can discuss it again."

"You know the case is still going on hence it's not the right time to split up."

"Elric's mom has kept people watching us even though they don't make it that obvious. We are safe."

"Why do you want us to move in together this soon?"

"Why not." Stan replied sturbbonly.

"We are practically living together side you're always in my room."

"...But we aren't free. Last week, we stayed at your parents, shared your room yet you made me sleep on the floor the entire stay."

"You know what you did!" Yeon exclaimed defensively.

"Even so, I already apologized but you still left me in the cold."

Forgetting the itch on his back, Yeon decided to pay full attention to his sturbbon fated. "Stan, I get that you want me around all the time but let's be realistic. Time spent apart is important too. It gives each of us the space to do the things we like doing alone." 

Predictably, Stan replied. "The only thing I like is being with you."

"Even so, It's not like you didn't have a life before we met."

"Whatever I used to do is not important any longer. You're are my intrest now." Rubbing his fingers across his hair, he added. "I can't believe I'm admitting this but I feel like I'm turning into my uncle. I want to be with you always and talk about you to other people, show you off and publicly express my feelings to you." 

"You are your uncle! In fact a lot of people would think he was your dad."

Stan stared back at Yeon blankly.

"Look Stan, at some point having me around will become suffocating and it's too early in our relationship to get there. I want to take time to build my career. I'm at that critical stage where all I think of is my project and the outcome. Your uncle has networked me to a number of his conference meetings  and I've met people who find my thesis promising. Do you know we currently have permission to test samples on humans, and there is already one positive result? When we get more volunteers, I could change a lot of peoples lives..."

"I volunteer." Stan interrupted. "If that will make us spend more time together."

"Stan, you already volunteered. Remember when I changed my project?" Yeon stated.