59. Danger Ahead

"Mijin seemed a little too quiet on the way back. Do you think she will be okay?" Her dad asked.

They had been at the baggage belt waiting for their bags and Mijin had been following behind quietly without saying a word which was unlike her. Afterwards, she'd excused herself to make a phone call, leaving her parents alone for them to freely gossip about her.

"Serves her right. I warned her about this but she wouldn't listen. Now she has lost another opportunity yet again." Her dad said, frowning as he looked at her daughter a distance away from them

"Don't say that sweetheart. Let's get our bags and head home. I shall be heading to the gym afterwards. I feel awful having left Suzzie to handle everything on her own..."

"We just got back and I'm quite fatigued. We can resume tomorrow..."

"Mom...dad!" Yeon called out as he waved at them. "We got our bags so we will be leaving first..."

"Wait...! At least let me know when I'll see you two again!"  Yeon's dad spoke as he quickly strode toward his son who was standing beside Stan. "Stan, reflect upon the things we discussed. If you don't take heed to any of our advice, I'll quickly notice since I'll be watching you like a hawk. Keep your word too about visiting the gym as promised. I will not accept any excuses from you unless it concerns Yeon's well being."

"Dad, you're being too hard on him. We just got back and you're already threatening him..." Yeon complained.

"Stay out of this son. He greatly disappointed me at how unfit he was yesterday. He couldn't withstand a thirty second plank and was shaking like a leaf. Unless you want to join him too..."

"Fine. It's none of my business." Grabbing onto Stan's hand, he insisted. "Let's go before mom starts weighing you down with her own threats and keeping us here longer..."

"Show off! I'm fated too you know." Yeon's dad mocked. "Run away then. I'm sorry for making you jealous for hogging Stannie yesterday but it was for your own good..."

"I'm not jealous dad. Stan's home is far from the airport and we just want to get there early enough. That's all there is to it."

After their mini argument which seemed to have amused Stan, they were finally on their way.

"I don't mind you being jealous you know. I'm always envious when I see you talking with Elric looking calm and relaxed unlike when we are together."

"Jealousy is a burden to my character. Its too much work."

"Still, a little wouldn't hurt. I know you were pushing your parents away since my parents are cooking today. We could have invited your parents over. They need to at least see  for themselves where you have been staying the last couple of months."

"Maybe next time. I feel anxious over what you said yesterday concerning my eyes. I do not wish for them to start worrying about me before I speak to your uncle."

"I can drive us to see him before we head home..."

"No need. I'm still digesting Elric and Niels sudden companionship. It almost feels like Elric suspected Niel might be his fated mate for he kept following him like a shadow."

"I assumed he was shamelessly looking for a new prey. He never mentioned anything to me...though I must inquire how your sister feels about it. Did you speak to her today morning?"

"Mijin's relationship and mine has taken a different turn for the moment. I also do not think she is in the mood to talk to anyone right now after being there to see Niel scent manifest because of her lover."

Tapping the steering wheel, Stan laughed at the idea, unable to take in the turn of events. "Elric and Niel together is definitely not a sight for sore eyes, that's for sure. It's good we left them behind for them to sort out their new path by themselves. Once they return, they'll be the new talk in town and people will forget about us for a while."