142. My Insecurities

"Elric, you are way too quiet these days and I can sense you. If there is anything bothering you, talk to me openly like you used to before."

Uninterested, Elric replied, "Yeon is doing well by the way."

"I know already. I speak to him all the time."

"His parents and Stan's sent their regards too."

'Enough with evading the subject.' "Your sneaking out is what lead you to be cuffed to my wrist. The old you would have enjoyed this so I don't get why you have been giving me the silent treatment when all I've been doing preventing you from running off alone in your current state."

Elric glanced at his imprisoned hand held tightly by Niel. They'd been sitting in bed for a while post dinner, Elric refusing to retire. "I'm feeling nauseous."

"Again?"

"Yes." Elric nodded, looking away towards the bathroom.

"Fine. I'll take you"

"You could just uncuff me."

"Nope. I'm well conversant with your mischief." Niel got out of bed and gave his fated a gentle push but he didn't budge.

"Look at me. Do I look like I can take three steps without running out of breath?" Elric asked, gesturing at himself from head to toe. He locked eyes with Niel briefly then let go of his hand, which Niel grabbed onto and held it even tighter.

'Is he that self conscious of his appearance?'

Uninterested, Elric sighed and shifted his attention back at the corridor leading to the bathroom. "If you're done undressing me with your eyes, you could uncuff me."

Seeing that his fated was becoming more irritable, Niel gave in but vowed to stay awake until Elric returned. "I know you are waiting for me to fall asleep just so you can head out to who knows where. At least think of me sometimes when you act on impulse, and how I feel when I can't find you whenever I wake up to an empty bed."

Ignoring Niel's remarks, Elric struggled to get out of bed and thanked his fated however, he refused any form of assistance from him.

Niel watched Elric waddle walking towards the bathroom and mumbled to himself. "His mom said she was never this moody while pregnant. I wonder why he gets irritable by day, acting like he hates me."

'He has refused to have the pregnancy induced and insists on carrying it to full term however, the doctor informed me at this point, we can't afford to put pressure on him so just try and not stress him. If worst comes to worse, use your scent and champion strengthening each other's spiritual essence. As fateds, that's your last leverage.' Elric's mother had advised upon following up on the wellbeing of his son.

'I can sense how worried he is too. He is putting me up a front but deep inside, he is going insane in panic.'

'I've tried to speak to him but he won't budge as you said. My son has always kept to himself whenever something bothered him deeply however, I fear his worries are eating him up and it's not good for the pregnancy. As his husband, do your best to make him open up. I don't want to see another piercing or tatoo on him. Because of his impulsive outbursts, I've had to postpone the handing over process of his father's properties.'

'I understand..."

'I don't think you do. If you are unable to pacify him, then I'll have no choice but to force you two to move back in here. I will not accept any incompetency from you especially since this matter involves three lives, my son's and my two grandchildren.'