122. In My Favor

"Your family suspects me Yeon. Elric's mother is no longer working with me but against me. All of you can pretend but I know an act when I see it. This won't be the first time I've been under suspicion. Seems just like it was yesterday that I was carrying out my daily routine, minding my own business and a meddlesome girl followed me. Of course I'd put her in her place quietly. Father told me to always remain hidden."

"You are unique. Your hobbies are peculiar and none of them will understand people like you and I. To them, we lack empathy, are evil or perhaps they consider you abnormal but to us, they are the weak ones therefore, do not feel bad about your bloodlust. I too find the sight of bloodshed extremely exciting."

"But why do they not like us if we are strong? Should they like us? Mother says like is good."

"We are built differently and different is good too. The world is just not ready yet for people like you and me. It's filled with majority of weaklings."

"Is mother like us?"

"She can never amount to this level of evolution."

"What about brother?"

"He is one of the normal ones but do take good care of him. Remember, they haven't evolved out of their own will. Weak isn't bad, it just means we are the superior ones therefore, you mustn't hurt family."

"Okay father."

"From now on, I'll train you periodically so do as I say."

"Father was wrong. Humans are like pets...

I love pets but they get in my way.

They are just as weak as everyone I've ever met. Dying from a little wound....or stab...or tear of skin.

I love how they'd whimper and look at me with eyes asking of mercy while I bind them up and tore at their flesh. It was satisfying nursing them back to health and repeat the same thing over and over again until they were written off.

But fur and blood mixed together was unsightly. They became ugly. Still, I never fully understood why everyone was afraid of the sight of blood.

I like blood.

It's density, warmth, smoothness, thickness as it flows and how it changers colour when exposed to impurities and oxygen. It's just magical how it thickens up and looks like hot lava flowing through and out of the body. How could anyone hate smething so facinating? Didnt they understand the concept of blood repacing itself back?

Couldn't they contemplate that level of beauty?

Then one day I saw my own blood. I got curious and cut myself. It hurt a lot than I'd expected and father was furious when he found me bleeding, waiting for him in his room. That's when I got my first pet. He was sedated when he was brought to me so it was easy to play with him but later on the poor guy died after he threatened to expose father. Oh well on to the next.

"Mommy, what is the color of blood?"

"Red."

"No. It's different depending on where, when and what it's exposed to. Some people think it's blue...perhaps blood is colourless since hemoglobin contains heme, a red compounded protein meant to carry oxygen throughout our body."

"What lies has your father been feeding you?"

"He trains me."

"You kill people?"

"No. Just animals. Technically, they all just die from pain because they are weak, but I do enjoy their slow death."

"Hey, if you want to play, play all you like but when you see an animal in a lot of pain, you must end it's suffering immediately. Do you understand?"