111. Ready Whenever You Are

'It's hot ....why is it so hot?' Niel thought to himself as he slowly awoke, squinting his eyes at the bright light shining through his iris.

"I must have forgottten to switch the lights off." He spoke, feeling his voice heavy from sleep and was about to stretch out his body from the fatigue he felt but stopped at the slight firm hold on him.

'Koala possession every night it seems...' He smiled at the sight of Elric's arms and legs circling him.

'Shit!" His eyes flew wide open. "I was supposed to wait for him before bed. I must have been too tired and fell asleep right away.'

Niel's thoughts drifted to the previous consecutive days when he'd laboured himself in his grandparent's farm, hoping to leave a little work done for them. As much as they looked used to physical work, he wanted to ease up their workload before heding back to the city. Elric had been adamant about staying behind, insisting they return together eventhough most of the day, he'd spend doing house chores, picking up wild fruits and exploring the surrounding area. Despite the unfamiliar territry and rigorous routine, it still amazed Niel how quickly Elric had adapted to the daily activities, only complaining of taking on house chores, which he executed badly that Niel constantly had to proofcheck his work.

They neither had a washing mashine nor a dishwasher hence most of the work were done by hand. Having to juggle up between helping his grandparents out and going through Elric's share of responsibilities, Niel knew his body was bound to shut down someday.

Despite a filled up day, they'd spend the evenings togther exploring the area which Elric seemed to enjoy. He'd declared his stay here was the longest time he'd been surrounded by a vast land of nature and trees tall enough he couldn't see a few metres from him. It was then that Niel remembered the first time he'd payed a visit to Elric's home and was warned how quickly Elric got startled for he'd jumped at any movement in the bushes, or whenever the wind would begin to blow abruptly on the onset of a heavy downpour.

Luckily, they needn't worry about meeting a few wild animals except for the ocational squirrels and rabbits that hid as soon as they sensed anyone's movements. As for those to avoid, Niel was quick enough to pick up any sounds and scents put out as a warning. After all, he'd grown up in this area, calling it his first home.

Most of the nights, they'd go to bed together with Elric upon bidding his grandparents goodnight but the weight of not finding a job yet filled his mind with worry. Perhaps while pondering over the matter, he had drifted off to slumber while waiting for Elric.

'Thankfully, my physical labour ends soon. I'm sure the amount of covered area should be enough to ease up the work for my grandparents so I can return to the city as soon as possible. Staying here gave me some clarity and a break from life but if I stick around longer, it would be harder to leave.'

His back had been facing Elric the entire time. Somehow, everytime he'd shared a bed with his fated, hed awoken spooned by him and trapped at the same time.

Turning slowly, he raised his body gently and released himself from Elric's hold, glad he hadn't woken or startled him from his sleep.

'How can he sleep like this every night when he has more to worry than myself? All I ever think about is my grandparent's health and finding a job yet I hardly sleep well while he has the entire weight of his family with both Yeon's and Mora's case in his mind? ...Or maybe he is used used to this lifestyle? to it?'

Shaking his head to send the thoughts away, he laid down slowly, gently pushing his fated's limbs and arms just so his body's weight wouldn't entirely rest in them thereby restricting proper circulation.