35. How Romantic

Stan had been looking for alone time to orgnanise some notes from common units he'd shared with Yeon. He'd hoped to find some peace and quiet away from the curious eyes of many that had mysteriously found out he was already fated to someone.

Seriously, who snitched? It was either Niel or Mijin...but then, he'd also heard of their break up. Therefore, they wouldn't want to be involved in his rumors too so they'd stayed away from each other for a while.

Often times, Stan would run into Niel and they'd ignored each other as they used to. Stan never knew why Niel despised him but he didn't care either. Elric on the other hand was his usual self, king of filth. In the years he'd known him, he'd always kept quiet when necessary. He wasn't one to go chatter away a secret as big as Yeon being his best friend's fated. Besides, that would just be him publicly admitting he'd lost to Stan.

"What an unpleasant surprise. How did you know about this place?"

Stan looked up, not sure how to react when he saw Mijin. He'd come here multiple times after Yeon had left campus a month and a half ago but never once had he run into anyone. This part of the library had always been Yeon's hiding spot.

"I thought only students were allowed in this campus?" Stan responded plainly.

"Arrogant as usual..." Grabbing a seat, Mijin sat to face Stan. "I'm the one who told Niel about this spot. We used to make out a lot here during my final year and Niel later told Yeon about it."

What the...!

"Oh wipe off that disgusted face of yours. You're Elric's best friend and we all know birds of a feather..."

"Why are you here?" Stan asked, irritated by Mijin's presence.

"I'm looking for Niel. Have you seen him?"

"I'm I his keeper?"

"Seriously why did you reject me? I brooded over you rejecting me for a while...it almost felt like I'd gotten dumped."

"You seem more pissed than sad about it and that makes me cheerful." Stan said with a straight face.

Mijin scoffed but didn't look away. "The idea of you fooling around with my brother bothers me.I hope he is having a good time out there with someone else..."

That's it, Stan thought to himself. "Mijin, I'm dating your brother..."

Swiping her index finger from side to side gesturing disapproval, Mijin cheerfully reminded Stan that he was only fated to Yeon. "Yeon would never go for warm loving types like yourself. You're cute, sharp and sophisticated...Yeon hates your kind the most. Besides, you look like someone who puts all their heart in a relationship. The first time I saw you I admit I was intrigued since you're the type most people want to date."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Glad you're catching on fast so, since Yeon hasn't been fully marked and judging by the reason you're still in campus studying instead of being with him, I really felt uncomfortable watching you two together so, would you like to get a drink with me? It's quite late for you to be in the library studying..."

"I'm trying to respect you but you really make it difficult..."

"Then don't respect me Stan. You and Yeon are not official. Fated or not, as long as you haven't had consensual sex, you are available for the taking and I know for a fact, Yeon rejects you every time." Seeing the surprise look on his face, she added, "Yeon and I don't keep secrets from each other. We speak everyday, which reminds me, do you even have his cellphone number which might I add, Elric was the one who bought him the cell..."

"Enough. Clearly we will never get along. I'm not Elric or any other easily swayed guy to fall for your bullshit. I told you before and I'll tell you now, buzz off."

"Careful Stan. We are in a secluded section in the library and it's late. If I were to scream for help right now, the reputation you've worked so hard to maintain will go down the drain in an instant."

"Go ahead then. Scream as much as you want and I'll scream right along with you. Afterwards, when everyone comes here, you'll have to explain what you're doing here. I'll tell them you're hitting on me which I'm sure half the guys around campus will believe me, not to mention the girls who know about your open relationship." Standing up, Stan added, satisfied to see Mijin's angry face. "Think of your brother sometimes when you do some things. I'm not one for gossip but your reputation precedes you despite graduating two years ago. I hope that wasn't the reason your boyfriend broke up with you."

"Leave Niel out of this you bastard!"

The mention of that name irritated Stan so much. All the memories he had had of him were unpleasant. The night of Yeon's kidnapping, that name was all Yeon kept calling out, not one or twice but multiple times until Stan had gotten curious and asked around. It didn't even take minutes to find out he was Mijin's boyfriend who was in an open relationship, of which Mijin was the girl he'd met on several occasions while attending collage gatherings and had once tried to hit on him and he'd rejected her openly.

"Look, I don't want to fight and I'll never come to this spot again if it displeases you that much. I came here to organize some notes for Yeon since I plan on going to see him tonight."

"You don't even love him...why are you pretending? My brother suffered in this campus without friends by his side except Niel. I bet you didn't even know his name before that night. You and everyone else just knew him as the campus loner."

"To say the truth, you are right. I never payed much attention to Yeon before. He stood out mostly because he was alone and I hate gossip...but lately, my feelings for him just keep growing and growing and one day, they will be too much. That's how I feel right now however, in truth, maybe it's too late...maybe I'm just not contended with being near him."

Mijin scoffed, standing up to look at Stan face to face. "A guy telling another guy he likes him. Wasn't it you sometime back who'd only date girls? You are definitely confused. All this crap you keep talking about is just pissing me off. If you had been at least open before to either of the sexes, I might have fallen for your lousy literature. Have you even tried it before with a guy? You might be repulsed and that will hurt my brother."

"If you are asking if my attraction towards Yeon is only sexual then yes, I am going crazy for your brother."

"Lies!"

"Since that fateful day, I've been watching him closely, paying attention to what he likes, his hobbies, what he loves eating, where he spends his free time, with whom and why...I even registered common classes with him and all this while, my only thought was to ask him to give me a chance to share in the things he likes doing...just one chance, after all, now that we were fated, there was no reason why we shouldn't be together. So your assumption is incorrect. I like Yeon because he is Yeon."

"More lies!"

"Did you also know that your brother is shy to complements...or how he can't hide it whenever he likes someone? Do you know how he smiles to himself whenever he listens to music or while reading a book? His smile is a surprise to many indeed. What about how he melts in my arms whenever we kiss, caress..."

"Yeon would never kiss a guy!"

"That's where you're wrong. Yeon doesn't care where he dates a guy or a girl. He just wanted to be the one to mark the one he loves and I would have been happy to be marked by him. Are those enough reasons for you to believe that I actually like your brother a lot or do you need more explanations?"

When Mijin didn't say a word, Stan added, "There is no need for me to rush and define what Yeon and I have since we met on such complicated circumstances. I'm not even completely sure I know the things he really likes since we've never talked about such however, with every time we spend together, I discover something about him. All I'm convinced of right now is I miss him when I'm away from him, hoping that he'll grow to be happier and happier with each passing day. Yeon is so handsome...he makes my heart race.

Therefore, one guy liking another doesn't require any unique reason, even if he wasn't my first choice. Me liking him doesn't have anything to do with us being fated either. It should just be enough that I I'm true with my intentions for him. It should also be enough that I think I like him just the way he is."