58. Shock On Me

"You seem lost in thought Yeon. Is everything alright?" Stan couldn't help but wonder over the sudden sombre mood change from his fated. Normally he'd be quite feisty with his guard up before bed. However today, he seemed rather calm.

Seeing that he was still deep in thought, Stan tapped his shoulder to get his attention and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Did you say something?" Yeon asked confused.

"Usually you act so coldly often giving me attitude and despite me being exceptionally nice to you, you are constantly resolute and shut me out again and again without offering me a single chance...unless I coax you into it."

"What the hell..." Yeon frowned.

"See that..." Stan said excitedly then ruffled Yeon's hair playfully. "That is the face I'm used to."

"What are you up to this time?" Yeon asked suspiciously.

"I've become good at waiting on you so whenever you're ready to tell me what is bothering you, I'll listen."

Yeon's face relaxed as he began pondering over why Stan was always affectionate towards him. He smiled at the thought of when he'd become so comfortable around him. Since the imprint, Stan was much more touchy and he dared not stop him otherwise he'd constantly whine. No one else had been this free with him except Niel and Mijin.

Why do I feel so at ease when I'm with you? Yeon thought to himself and watched Stan ruffle though his things in deep concentration then slumped on the bed. He'd lay here with him the last two days, chatting about nothing special and with their scents mixed together, he'd often feel the tension leaving his body. The comfort of being around Stan was one he'd never thought to enjoy.

"I'm not used to feeling like this."

"What?" Stan turned around to look at Yeon who quickly waved his hand away while shaking his head to ward him off. Stan smiled at his gesture then proceeded with whatever he was doing.

I'm afraid Elric may have been right at warning me...or rather asking me that question for I feel like I'm falling. When did I begin to feel this way? How deep have I fallen already? What if I actually end up needing you forever and whind up being hurt again and again? I'm I too afraid? Is it worth it to risk it? Are you worth it? I'm I even right for you to begin with? What if I'm the one who ends up leaving you broken? What if you never recover?

"Yeon...I've been calling you a number of times but you've just been staring at me." Seeing his startled face, Stan added. "You know I can sense you yearning for me..."

"Ack!" Yeon jumped, suprised at how close Stan was to him. Scooting away, he said defensively. "It's not what you're thinking...I'm just sad this trip will be over and we have to leave tomorrow, that's all..."

"Then why are you so flustered?"

Sitting up abruptly, Yeon decided to change the subject. "You seem to be distracted too. Why were you rufling though your things for so long? Did you loose something?"

"No...actually I found what I'd been looking for. I almost thought I left it behind or something." Stan seemed hesitant before he extended his hand towards Yeon and handed him an EyePod to which Yeon asked suspiciously what this was all about.

"It's my EyePod. I made a playlist for us...the sound quality with this device is dynamic in comparison to listening to music using your phone." Stan said excitedly, though after sometime, he appeared to have grown shy as he rubbed behind his ears anxiously.

"My birthday is coming up soon...so I wanted us to have something we can share together as a couple and made you the playlist... When you listen to it here, it's quite lively and clearer. It won't sound too flat as over the phone since it's more focused on the base rather than just vocals..."