Chapter 3: Spirit in Red Clothes (2)

"Brother Xie, I'm really panicked..." Yan Jing was originally holding Xie Chi's arm and now he grabbed Xie Chi's hand like an octopus.

The moment Xie Xinglan came out, he saw Yan Jing's advancing hand and thought about how Xiao Chi had been held by someone. He frowned and moved Yan Jing's hand away with no expression.

"Brother Xie...?" Yan Jing asked in a low voice. He wondered why Xie Chi was suddenly so ruthless and subconsciously wanted to grab his arm.

Xie Xinglan's voice was full of ice. "You can speak but don't touch me." Xiao Chi.

A huge sense of alienation and an innate condescending feeling came. Yan Jing was inexplicably frightened and felt like a severely reprimanded schoolboy. He stood obediently by the wall and lowered his head, inwardly whispering, 'This person has several faces.'

He was very gentle at the first encounter but showed no mercy after unmasking. Now... he was cold.

Over on the other side, Zhou Wen laughed at the thin black man and placed his hand into the jar. A bold and fearless performance was easier to increase the number of fans. Of course, newcomers didn't know this and Zhou Wen was secretly proud.

The next second, the calm disguise on his face was shattered as he howled. He quickly withdrew his hand and gripped his wrist in an attempt to relieve the great pain. Zhou Wen's face was ugly after losing his dignity in front of newcomers and he viciously growled out, "I will wait for you outside. All of you, hurry up!"

The veteran actor Zhou Wen's pride was deflated and everyone's face became white and stiffer. They looked at each other and no one came forward. Xie Xinglan was too lazy to dawdle and stepped forward, placing his hand inside.

After a few seconds, he frowned slightly. They were unable to see what was in the jar and Xie Xinglan didn't rush to withdraw his hand. He just waited for a while.

The group was surprised as 'Xie Chi' withdrew his hand, something resting on his beautiful, slender hand. The ghost in the jar finally showed its true appearance. It was only the size of a strawberry, with a spider-like body but with a black metallic shell. Above the spider was... a baby's head the size of a fingernail. Xie Xinglan was close enough to see the sparse hair on the baby's head.

The people's breathing paused.

The female boss was startled., "Little darling, how did you get out? Go back!"

Then she gently picked up the spider on the back of Xie Xinglan's hand and put it back lightly. The group got a chill down their spine.

The female boss spoke to herself. "Alas, how come it isn't as beautiful as before? It is black but previously, it was coloured."

Xie Xinglan saw the real appearance of the ghost as he wanted and was about to leave. At the door, he heard the words of the female boss and paused slightly before going out like nothing had happened.

Xie Xinglan found the bathroom on the first floor and washed the black blood on his fingertip. The blood had clotted and after confirming there was no pain, he spoke in his heart. "Xiao Chi, you can come out now."

The silent man in front of the sink raised his head. The eyes in the mirror were gentle and clear again.

"Thank you, Brother."'

Xie Chi's voice was slightly audible in the bathroom. Xie Chi and Xie Xinglan could communicate unhindered in their minds but Xie Xinglan usually actively fell asleep in order to not affect Xie Chi's thinking. As long as Xie Chi called him, he would wake up.

Xie Xinglan described the spider to Xie Chi. Xie Chi knew more about these things than him. Xie Chi asked, "An all-black shell?"

"Yes."