Chapter 119: Yi Hesong

In the next half an hour, Xie Chi asked his doubts one by one and Shen Yi answered patiently.

Xie Chi’s view of Shen Yi had changed. The only thing that made him feel uncertain was… the look in Shen Yi’s eyes when he spoke was indescribable to Xie Chi. It wasn’t a scrutiny that involved interest. Rather, there was a strong desire for understanding and some inexplicable care and accommodation. It was completely different from the arrogant and indifferent Shen Yi of the rumors.

Xie Chi suppressed the strange feeling in his heart.

Shen Yi didn’t answer many of his questions or only answered them halfway but even so, Xie Chi could guess a lot. According to Shen Yi, the Pet organization was involved with the app very early. It was only in the past two years that the target was to kill Shen Yi.

The relationship between the Pet organization and the app was actually easy to guess.

He had been curious. In the world he lived in, the development of biological sciences was slow. It was the weak point of the scientific field and hindered social progress. According to the development of biological science, there would be no artificial uterus technology in 40 to 50 year, let alone artificial arrangement and combination of genes. It was estimated that this technology would be realized in 100 years.

Yet it was achieved quietly and caused a sensation in the entire scientific community that year. The scientist who invented this technology was pushed to the altar. Xie Chi still remembered the name of that scientist—Lian Shi.

Lian Shi was less than 30 years old when his scientific research results came out. A young talent achieved such an unprecedented achievement. He was famous and remembered by the world. Before Xie Chi entered the app, he just thought that Lian Shi was a talented person. Now he contacted the app’s wish system and had an unpleasant guess.

What if Lian Shi had entered the app? What if Lian Shi made the wish of ‘Lian Shi invents an artificial uterus and mastered the technique of artificial genetic arrangement’ in the app? What if he finally achieved his wish and returned to reality.

The flap of a butterfly’s wings brought an irreversible change to the world.

Advanced technology appeared but social ethics and law were still far behind. The Pet organization worked overtime to study the manufacture of humanoid pets and finally succeeded. They made a fortune in secret.

Xie Chi didn’t know what role Lian Shi played in it. Was he the head of the Pet organization or was he just a scientist who devoted himself to science and technology, wanting to break the scientific limit to benefit humanity only to open Pandora’s Box?

Shen Yi seemed to avoid talking about this part. Why?

Shen Yi admitted that he had undergone genetic modification but it was after birth. Was he some type of immature test subject? As for why people in the Pet organization could take root in the app, it was too easy for those who had mastered genetic technology.

Cheng Zhou’s pious death before his death inspired Xie Chi.

Cheng Zhou should be a second generation or third generation pet. The pets of Xie Chi’s generation could only set the ‘employment tendency and personality tendency’. They were mostly ‘tendencies’ and weren’t completely fixed. However, the second and third generations were more stable. The scrap rate was extremely low and the possibility of violating orders and betraying the owner was almost 0. They were equivalent to the formatted generation and might be able to set a deep obsession.

The thing needed to enter the app was obsession. Xie Chi entered the app because of his obsession with getting Xie Xinglan a body. An improved pet could enter the app due to an obsession that was artificially set up.