Chapter 123: Hospital (4)

“Then I’ll talk to Ye Lan first and come to you with He Xiao? Uncle He is very nice.” Ye Xiaoxiao explained.

“Yes. The actors will soon finish being busy. We should meet and get to know each other briefly.”

Ye Xiaoxiao hurriedly said, “See you then!”

Xie Chi nodded and went around the wards of the wounded with Ren Ze.

“Hey Xie Chi, I know that girl.” Ren Ze waited until he couldn’t see Ye Xiaoxiao before quietly speaking.

Xie Chi glanced at him. No wonder why Ren Ze basically didn’t speak just now.

The two of them walked down the stairs and Ren Ze continued, “I heard you and Lu Wen say that you belong to the same world. Then Ye Xiaoxiao and I belong to the same world. As far as I know, her family has money and she seems to have gone abroad at a young age. In any case, she is very willful and her parents are used to it.”

“By the way, I suddenly remember that there are zombies in Yan Jing’s world while Lu Wen is a fishman in your world. My world seems quite normal. It is very stable and orderly…”

Xie Chi waited for him to finish.

“However, it is amazing that our worlds overlap to a large extent. Yan Jing’s world is obviously behind the world of Ye Xiaoxiao and I but its social structure and historical evolution is similar to ours. Just like…” Ren Ze didn’t know how to describe it.

Xie Chi spoke for him. “It is like your world where the development is incomplete or the general direction of development is the same but it deviates in the details. It is like a torrent coming down from a mountain. If it encounters something, it will diverge and flow in different directions. Even so, the source is the torrent and the essence is water.”

“Yes, this is the feeling.” Ren Ze said. “The gap between your world and Yan Jing’s world is quite large but the overlap is still high.”

Xie Chi was silent for a moment before staring at him. “Do you believe in the parallel world theory?”

He would think about it from time to time, trying to explain it with known science or pseudoscience. This was the most similar and closest possibility to him.

Ren Ze’s mind suddenly became clear. He paused before replying truthfully, “I… I don’t know.”

Ren Ze felt that both science and science fiction were far away from him. He naturally didn’t believe in ghosts and gods before entering the app. He was a modern young man with no faith and doubts about everything. He went to a meaningless university and passed through life.

Then Xie Chi said this and Ren Ze understood. “In fact, it makes sense. In the world of Ye Xiaoxiao and I, it was clearly recorded in a book that there were zombies hundreds of years ago. Then due to the growth of humans, they were completely wiped out. Cremation started to be carried out and no new zombies were both. Therefore, we might’ve never seen zombies but we are no stranger to them. Zombies will also appear in movies in our world.”

Ren Ze was slightly startled. “Then… will there be a world where zombies have grown without extinction? Or a world where cremation hasn’t been implemented yet?”

The more he thought about it, the clearer he became. He stared at Xie Chi. “Your world is at a certain node and you are on a different fork in the road.”

Xie Chi nodded. He did think so.

Ren Ze suddenly thought of something and a trace of panic in his eyes. “Will there be repeated selves in our worlds? Or repeats of us in more worlds we don’t know about?”