Chapter 38.1: Zombie Lovers (21)

[The bigshot said she is a puppet???]

[I thought that Mrs Zhao's movement speed wasn't right. She was like a ghost but I didn't dare think about it.]

[Recalling Yue Xiuming's experience, I think the big guy's guess is very reasonable!]

[The problem is that the bigshot didn't know Yue Xiuming's experience. How did he dare make such a guess?]

Lu Wen stiffened in place and only realized after a few seconds.

Yue Xiuming had run so fast and yelled at them for help. There must've been something chasing him. At first, Lu Wen thought it was the boss zombie. Now looking at Mrs Zhao in front of them, he understood everything. She was the one chasing Yue Xiuming. How could Yue Xiuming be afraid of a weak woman with no power?

Lu Wen remembered that not long ago, Xie Chi seemed to casually ask Zhang Linu, "Can only females become puppets?"

The answer given was that only women could become puppets because they were hundreds of times more ruthless than men. Only they could endure the severe pain of their skin being peeled off to be successfully reborn as an immortal puppet.

White Apricot and Peach were rejected because of illness and disfigurement. They took the initiative to come to his door and endured the pain of being peeled alive to be reborn as puppets, let alone... Mrs Zhao.

A woman who was so morbidly in love with her husband that she planned for years to borrow a zombie's body for her husband. She poisoned her husband to death and killed young children for their blood. What else could she do? What else could she withstand?

The thing she wanted wasn't a few decades together but... forever.

As a person, she would inevitably experience aging and death. Mrs Zhao couldn't endure this. The only way to make her and her husband stay together was obvious. She made herself a puppet. She just had to endure the severe pain of being skinned alive and she could be with her husband forever. This was Mrs Zhao's fatal temptation that she couldn't refuse.

So from the beginning of the movie, Mrs Zhao hadn't been human at all. She had already made herself a puppet and was waiting with anticipation for her husband to be reborn as a zombie. A zombie and puppet would be together forever. This was why Yue Xiuming couldn't destroy Mrs Zhao's plan even if he went to the Zhao house. The moment he acted, he would've been killed by Mrs Zhao, a puppet disguised as a human.

Lu Wen thought about the cause and effect and his blood cooled a few times. He looked at Xie Chi and trembled. "Zhang Linu is dead so who is her puppet master? Where?"

Lu Wen's mind was blank. In an instant, he thought about everyone they had contact with after entering the movie but found nothing. There was no suitable puppet master at all. Who was it?

Yan Jing was also dazed and panicked. He was invulnerable and wasn't afraid of Mrs Zhao, but he was afraid the immortal puppet would hurt Brother Xie and Lu Wen.

At this point, Mrs Zhao was approaching from the alley and Xie Chi saw Mrs Zhao's face for the first time. Gentle and beautiful, dignified and quiet, she held the oil paper umbrella and was so beautiful.

"Xie Chi, let's go and quickly catch the puppet master!" Lu Wen pulled Xie Chi and shouted anxiously.

Xie Chi shook his head and spoke softly. "No."

He stared into Mrs Zhao's eyes and smiled. "She is her own puppet master."

Lu Wen felt like he had been struck by thunder.

[What the fuck!!!]

[What is this situation???]

Mrs Zhao smiled lightly but her eyes were cold. "Smart people can't live long."