Chapter 38.2

"No!!" Not far away, Mrs Zhao's heart-piercing scream was heard."

Xie Xinglan pursed his lips. He was about to raise the sword again to meet Mrs Zhao's crazy revenge when Xie Chi laughed. "Brother, change with me."

Xie Xinglan replied with no hesitation, "Okay."

He had 100% trust in Xie Chi.

Mrs Zhao flashed to the zombie, her face full of tears as she touched the zombie's face in a panic. "This isn't true. No, it can't be. Wen Lang, please open your eyes and look at me..."

Mrs Zhao's expression was almost crazy as she burst out crying. "Please, please... please look at me..."

"Don't you love me? I don't want forever. I really don't want it. Please just open your eyes and look at me. I beg you..." Mrs Zhao lay on the zombie's chest and wept bitterly.

She closed her eyes with pain.

"Wen Lang, I regret it... I shouldn't have wanted forever. I really regret it. I should've been content. Sorry, sorry, sorry, please look at me..."

Mrs Zhao was in a daze and kept repeating 'sorry.'

She really regretted it. If she hadn't wanted to live forever then perhaps Wen Lang would still be alive and well, staying by her side and playing the piano for her. It was she who poisoned Wen Lang with her own hands for the sake of that unreachable forever. For forever, she completely gave up the present. Wen Lang cooled down in her arms. Just like now, a bit lax and dying little by little.

Before Wen Lang died, he had looked at her with disbelief. The last sentence he said was, "Lan'er, you are wrong. Don't do this. Don't hurt others. I will hate you like this."

Even so, she did it all with a single-mindedness. Wen Lang loved her kindness but due to love, she became the most poisonous woman he hated.

"I don't want you to love me anymore. I don't want anything as long as you live well... will you live?" Mrs Zhao's eyes were blurred and she was ashamed.

A few years ago, she married into the Zhao family and only thought about contentment and cherishing Wen Lang every day. Then she watched as Wen Lang's body gradually faded. How could she achieve contentment?

Contentment was nothing but empty words. No one could be content in the face of such cruel reality. What's more, the Zhao family had such monstrous power. Her heart bled day and night until she finally set off on the road of no return. She couldn't stand Wen Lang's death and killed others for Wen Lang's life. She endured the pain of being skinned alive and made herself a puppet. She paved everything for that forever hope but was forever broken.

Mrs Zhao turned her head mechanically and saw Xie Chi watching with cold eyes nearby. Then her eyes finally filled with a bit of light. "I will kill you!"

This blow cost her all her strength but Xie Chi didn't avoid it. He just gently rang the bell and the invulnerable Yan Jing stopped in front of him.

Mrs Zhao wiped her tears, glanced at Yan Jing and sneered. "I can't beat him but you can't beat me. I am different from Zhang Linu's other puppets. I'm really immortal. There is no stupid flaw like that string. He can't be here forever. There will always be a day when you are alone or careless. Once that time comes, I will definitely kill you!"

Her voice seemed to come from hell. Word by word, she revealed the deepest curse.

"I can't wait for Wen Lang but I can wait for you. In this life, you can't escape." She turned away from the zombie in a lonely manner. Then Xie Chi called out to her.