Chapter 138: Hospital (19)

Ren Ze pulled Ye Xiaoxiao and rushed into a ward. He roughly slapped the light switch with his hand and they looked around for a place to hide in the darkness. The sound of footsteps in the corridor approached again and anxiety filled their hearts.

Ren Ze was sweating. They couldn’t get out now. The ghost was outside and it was impossible to jump out the window. Both he and Ye Xiaoxiao didn’t have good fighting skills. Ren Ze gritted his teeth, crouched down and touched the side of the hospital bed. He asked Ye Xiaoxiao to hide inside first and then after he went in, he pulled several bed sheets to cover them.

“What to do?!” Ye Xiaoxiao forced herself to be calm and looked at Ren Ze.

They had been running away for too long and their physical strength had gradually weakened. Ye Xiaoxiao and Ren Ze were sweating profusely, their chests violently moving up and down. They wanted to gasp loudly but they were afraid of being found out. They could only restrain themselves, racking their brains to think of ways to escape.

Ren Ze covered the bloody wound on his arm and whispered, “Drag it out.”

Ye Xiaoxiao shook her head, expression a bit worried. “We can’t drag it out! I’m consuming all my items. The more I use…”

The footsteps paused and the ghost seemed to stop at the door of this room. Ye Xiaoxiao and Ren Ze’s hearts were in their throats. The two of them hid and prayed in their hearts. They didn’t have the physical strength to fight again in such a short time.

Ye Xiaoxiao was very anxious. Her own combat power was average. Her items were a ghost vine defense, an escape item and Bodhisattva’s protection. They were all function and expendable items. These useful items could only help them escape for a while. It couldn’t help them fight for a long time or even defeat ghosts.

Now they were trapped in a ghost wall, unable to make a sound or send any messages. They escaped but ran back to the original point. They were trapped in this corridor and a few rooms! Xie Chi’s face appeared in Ren Ze’s mind. He endured the severe pain and gritted his teeth. “We must delay and wait for Xie Chi.”

His healing was limited by the cooldown time and he couldn’t use it a second time in a short period of time. It was only after this time passed that he could heal his injuries. However, the ghost was chasing him and Ye Xiaoxiao. If they were found again, he didn’t know if they could survive.

Ren Ze’s mind was full of panic. He couldn’t understand why there was such a powerful ghost in the instance.

It was stronger than the ghost Xinglan described by Xie Chi. It was superior to Xie Xinglan. It stood to reason that it should be an actor’s other self, a humanoid ghost, but it had mastered the skill of a ghost room.

‘Xie Chi, hurry up,’ Ren Ze prayed in his heart. It didn’t matter if he was dead but if Xie Chi didn’t find him and he couldn’t pass on the information, Xie Chi was likely to face this terrifying ghost without knowing it.

This was too bad for Xie Chi. After the ghost killed them, it would get rid of the ghost wall and hide. Apart from the audience outside, no one would know the real cause of their death. The only thing that would appear in front of Xie Chi would be two dead bodies. This was too scary.

Ye Xiaoxiao was also praying. She held her last item and tried to keep her senses sharp so she could react quickly.

The black ghost stared at the drop of blood at the door. Cunning flashed in its blood-red eyes and it walked in. Their line of sight was obstructed and the two of them shook as they heard the footsteps approaching. They both held their breath and didn’t dare to move. In the darkness where they couldn’t even see their fingers, black clothes floated to the bed where they were hiding.