Chapter 157: Tarot Game (7)

“It’s just a guess,” Xie Chi emphasized again.

Tarot was already a mysterious thing and the Wheel of Fortune even more so. He just casually asked a question he wanted to ask. Maybe the pointer had stopped at Liang Wen’s position due to resistance.

Xie Chi told himself that if the arrow of the tarot card pointed at him first, he wouldn’t feel flustered. It was an ominous omen but he would urge people to search for clues and escape from danger faster. Indulging in the whirlpool of death was going against the meaning of metaphysics itself—seeking advantages and avoiding disadvantages.

The purpose of metaphysics was always to make people live better. If not, there was no need for metaphysics. He didn’t believe that a red movie would wipe out anyone’s vitality. No one was born humble and should die first. It was just that weakness did bear the brunt of the reason.

“Should I tell Liang Wen?” Ye Xiaoxiao had always been soft hearted. She was willing to do this type of work that wouldn’t delay her.

“It is up to you.”

Ye Xiaoxiao was stunned. For a moment, she was a bit uncertain about Xie Chi’s attitude. Then she thought more closely, understood something and sighed.

Good fortune caused pride while bad fortune caused fear.

Ye Xiaoxiao thought about it. If she was clearly told at the start that she was the last to die then she would be very comfortable. However, if someone said she would be the first to die, she would be panicked and frightened. If she panicked to the point of making serious mistakes, it would promote her death and let her fulfill the fortune.

However, was this the sorrow of metaphysics or the sorrow of human beings?

This was why Xie Chi said it was up to her. She could tell or not tell because for different people, telling or not telling had different effects. It was just that she didn’t have time to understand if Liang Wen was a person who could calmly accept the news with a positive face or a person who would be in a constant panic. Sometimes telling her would be harming her.

This matter was also very embarrassing. They weren’t sure if the information was true or not. If they kindly told Liang Wen and she wasn’t the one who died, how could they compensate Liang Wen for her unnecessary worry? How could they face Liang Wen’s inevitable resentment?

Ye Xiaoxiao had a wide social circle and was quite worldly. Now that she had calmed down and thought about it, she felt that Xie Chi was clear-minded and could see into the human essence. She sighed but couldn’t hold back her conscience. She stood up and declared, “Forget it, I’ll go tell her.”

Xie Chi glanced at her and joked, “Do you like meddling?”

Ye Xiaoxiao glared at him. “I’m here now because I’m meddling.”

Xie Chi coughed. He remembered that she chose this movie because of him and sincerely smiled. “Yes yes, you go.”

Ye Xiaoxiao was halfway out the door when she was called back by Xie Chi. Xie Chi paused for a few seconds before saying, “You can remind her that it is best not to stay in her own room. You don’t have to tell her the exact reason why.”

Ye Xiaoxiao was startled for a moment. Then she realized that the danger they knew was a fire caused by the lightning of the Tower card. The traces of fire were actually in the room. Previously, the maid emphasized that once they selected a room, they could no longer change rooms.

Could it be… lightning recognized them based on the room?

Once Ye Xiaoxiao left, Xie Chi asked Ren Ze to check his own room. Everyone was free to choose a room but there was only one bed in each room. They had selected three rooms next to the three locked rooms.