Chapter 83: 1552 Haunted House (15)

The app started counting down and Xie Chi joined the animal camp without hesitation. After the exchange, the three people left the room. Ren Ze and Lu Wen went to look for the corpse while Xie Chi went to the room with the charcoal roasted suckling lamb to find the second brand.

Thanks to You Jing, everyone was scattered around the mansion searching for the teeth. Xie Chi easily entered the room that contained the dish. In addition to raw monkey brains, three squeaks and charcoal roasted suckling lamb, the remaining three dishes were monkey meat, iron plate turtle and baby soup.

The body was in the middle of the bed. No one had cared about it. Xie Chi was just about to search when he found a red string around the corpse's neck. He had a good memory. There was no such thing around the neck of the corpse previously.

Xie Chi lightly pulled the red rope and it came down. A brand was hanging at the end of the red rope. It said: charcoal roasted suckling lamb. Xie Chi secretly rejoiced that the brand was refreshed in such an obvious place. If he hadn't grabbed it quickly, it would've been troublesome if someone beat him to it.

Xie Chi put the second brand in the app backpack and was going to meet Lu Wen. He had just walked out of the room when the lights in the corridor flickered a few times. Suddenly, it turned off and the surroundings became dark.

There was a bit of light from the area besides the stairs on the second floor. Xie Chi was vigilant. He gripped the Evil Spirit Blade and quickly walked toward the top of the staircase. The surroundings were extremely silent. As he approached the corner, Xie Chi was about to turn around when he heard Ren Ze screaming on the stairs, "Be careful!"

In a blind spot of the corner, a white horse rushed toward him like lightning. It was so fast that Xie Chi had no time to react.

The thing was about to become a white shadow. Xie Xinglan could only choose to avoid his vital spots being hit and he raised his hands to resist. Just as the horn on top of the horse's head was about to touch his waist, time suddenly stopped.

His skin that already felt the pain of being pierced was healed and the horse's horn retreated a bit. Xie Xinglan used this slight buffer to grasp the horse's horn with ease when it tried to strike him again. He saw it was a donkey, a hairless white donkey with a horn on its head. It was a bit like a unicorn. On the donkey's horn... was a dish brand.

The donkey was still crashing toward him. Xie Xinglan was slightly bleeding as he quickly pulled the small brand from the donkey horn and let go. The donkey seemed reluctant and hit him several more times. This time, Xie Xinglan was prepared and avoided them one by one in an unscathed manner. The donkey finally rushed into the darkness and disappeared.

The brand was in his hand. Xie Xinglan glanced down and saw the words 'donkey meat' on the brand. They unexpectedly found the third brand in such a short time. Xie Xinglan placed the brand of the third dish into the app backpack.

"Xiao Chi? Are you okay?"

"Brother," Xie Chi spoke in a low voice. "We should be the one who died from the third dish."

"Huh? Was there more than one dish with a problem at the table last night? What else?"

Xie Chi recalled the names of the dishes he got from Zhao Jinhua. "I ate the oily soup drizzled over the chicken. This dish should be a variation of the donkey meat."

So last night, there were actually two dishes. There was a lot of movement over here and everyone noticed it. Fortunately, Xie Xinglan moved quickly to take off the brand and it wasn't discovered.

Ren Ze and Lu Wen ran up. "Are you okay?"

Xie Chi remembered the strangeness just now. "Time seemed to go backwards just now. Did you use an item?"