Chapter 134: Hospital (15)

He Xiao’s wrist was grabbed by Xie Chi and he couldn’t escape. His black eyes were gradually stained with yin energy and a bit of red appeared, making some evil darkness appear on the originally honest and upright face.

“Is there any misunderstanding?”

On one side was an old actor who always cared for her and the other side was her idol. Ye Xiaoxiao couldn’t figure out the situation for a while and could only try to remain impartial.

“No misunderstanding,” Xie Chi told her.

Ren Ze asked Ye Xiaoxiao to stand further away. Ye Xiaoxiao stared at He Xiao’s face. Upon taking a closer look, she realized that his temperament and expression weren’t right at this time and quietly stepped back.

Xie Chi watched He Xiao without saying a word. The two of them stood at a stalemate and the atmosphere was low. Finally, at a certain critical point, He Xiao’s tense expression relaxed. He looked at Xie Chi and said, “You are smarter than I thought.”

His real voice was slightly different from before. Xie Chi and Ren Ze couldn’t hear it but Ye Xiaoxiao was familiar with He Xiao and could tell instantly. Ye Xiaoxiao’s expression changed and her heartbeat sped up. He Xiao’s words were equivalent to admitting that she didn’t realize her old friend had changed. If it wasn’t for Xie Chi…

Xie Chi stared at him indifferently.

Ghost He Xiao sneered. “Your words are right and wrong. I am He Xiao but also not He Xiao.”

It seemed that due to the transformation into a ghost, the evil side of his character was infinitely magnified. The previous He Xiao would never show such an expression.

Xie Chi only said, “You are the dead He Xiao.”

Surprise flashed on ghost He Xiao’s face. “You know?”

“The actor He Xiao was in danger but didn’t die. Due to Schrodinger’s cat, you were born. You quietly occupied the magpie’s nest and replaced him.”

Xie Chi spoke of He Xiao’s origin in an emotionless manner. Ye Xiaoxiao thought of He Xiao’s care for her in the past and her heart ached. She asked the ghost He Xiao in a loud and harsh voice, “What about the real Uncle He? He is dead?”

“Xiaoxiao, you don’t need to be sad.” It was another He Xiao but he still had the memories of the past. He mechanically comforted her. “The actor He Xiao is dead but I am also He Xiao.”

“This…” Ye Xiaoxiao looked at his face and her mood was unspeakably complicated. She resisted his words. “How can it be the same?”

This wasn’t the same at all. He might be He Xiao but it was impossible for her to accept him without any obstacles. He killed He Xiao and that He Xiao would never come back. A good third-tier actor died in the movie without any movement and before he could use his many means. Ye Xiaoxiao was very sad thinking about this.

Xie Chi was naturally indifferent to her emotional experience and asked in a business-like manner, “Is it easy to admit because you don’t have a conflict of interest with us?”

He Xiao’s gaze fell on this calm and almost cold young man and secretly thought that he had underestimated this new star too much. He said, “Let’s talk upstairs.”

They returned to Xie Chi’s ward and Ren Ze locked the door. Then He Xiao stared at the three of them and spoke bluntly, “You can completely treat me as the actor He Xiao because I won’t hurt you. I just can’t go back with you after the filming is over. I will start a new life in this parallel space.”

Ye Xiaoxiao’s eyes were a bit dim but she didn’t say anything.

After that, He Xiao said some other things but they didn’t matter. Xie Chi became impatient and frowned. “Tell me something practical.”