Chapter 184: Extra Five [END]

At 2 o’clock in the morning, the music in the biggest nightclub nearby was loud. After dancing on the stage for a while, the dancers rode on the shoulder of the men who were eager for them. They played with the men and drank wine and whiskey.

The sleepy waiter saw the manager coming in a hurry and asked, “Is someone making trouble again? Or was someone pickpocketed? Is it serious?”

The male manager shook his head. “No, Mr Xie is here. The boss has a bit of friendship with him and told me to pick him up.”

The waiter’s mind still wasn’t clear. “Which Mr Xie?”

“The one who used to be a horror painter.”

The waiter was taken aback before realizing who the manager was talking about.

A long time ago, the famous horror painter Xie Chi strangely went missing. The police conducted various investigations and searches but he wasn’t found. In the end, it was determined that he was dead. The fans felt grief and there was even a memorial service held for him. Yet in less than half a year, he magically appeared again. It was just that he was no longer a horror painter. He turned to developing the horror industry.

This move was so big and definitely needed start-up capital. Xie Chi was poorly connected. No one was optimistic about an artist engaging in business. They waited to see his joke. As a result, he didn’t ask for money from others or borrow from the bank. He just relied on himself to draw up an industrial model and soon became prosperous.

His adversaries determined that the source of his money was unknown and they thought it was illegal money. They wanted to follow this investigation to send him to prison. As a result, nothing was found from the investigation. It was like the money fell out of thin air.

After that, it wasn’t known where they came from but he got countless excellent horror movie scripts. The scripts covered a wide range, combining the east and west. They included magic, science fiction and fantasy.

The horror movies produced by Xie Chi’s industrial chain had lifelike ghosts, no special effects, compact plots and endless reversals. They catered to the current fast-paced and high-quality market demand and were soon strongly sought after by young people seeking stimulation.

Xie Chi was a former painter and promising entrepreneur. His appearance was handsome and he naturally became the darling of the media. His experience was a legend and his disappearance added to his mystery.

Xie Chi said in an interview that this wasn’t his exclusive horror industry. He just joined a chain and was standing on the shoulders of giants. However, no one believed it. After all, no one could find the source of these amazing scripts.

Xie Chi just smiled at the camera and said nothing.

After the storm, everything went back to the right track and Xie Chi gradually retreated behind the scenes, no longer showing up publicly. The waiter hadn’t expected to see Xie Chi here. Xie Chi was actually a person who would go to nightclubs.

“They came!” The manager saw the people coming in through the door and pushed through the crowd. The waiter glanced over and saw too low-key men with appearances that were difficult to hide come in. The taller one on the left was covering the hand of the one on the right.

It wasn’t long after 2 o’clock in the morning and they had just come from the car in the garage. It was quite cold. The one on the right should be Xie Chi and the one on the left was his same sex lover.

Everyone knew about Xie Chi’s sexual orientation. He made it public and never covered it up. Perhaps it was because he had artistic origins but the outside world was very tolerant of his behavior and didn’t show any negative opinions or criticism toward his sexual orientation. There was just good-natured teasing. It was like he was doing art and everything different about him could be rationalized.