Chapter 39.1: Zombie Lovers (22)

Xie Chi had guessed the second ending was related to the fox but he never expected this to happen. The change came so quickly that they were caught off guard.

The cold dark blood on the zombie's forehead quickly solidified and at the same time, a strange red light glowed in its eyes. The soul of Mrs Zhao's lover, Wen Lang was completely destroyed. Now the fox lived in the zombie's spirit sea and controlled the zombie's body. The fox spirit and zombie's body were completely integrated as one.

Xie Xinglan's hand holding the sword slightly shivered. There was a wound on his shoulder and the strength in his hand was slightly weaker.

In the battle with the 2.0 zombie just now, the barely closed wound on his shoulder had opened again. At this time, there was a continuous stream of blood from his shoulder that stained half his clothes. Mixed with the rain, it was another type of stimulation.

The zombie stiffly bowed its head and looked at Xie Xinglan. Hatred flashed in its eyes and it let out a soul-shaking zombie cry.

"It's all because of you! Yu Lang is dead! Yu Lang's soul is gone! I'm going to kill you!"

Xie Chi translated it, covered his ears and met its bitter gaze. Then he started to speak in the zombie language, "It was Mrs Zhao who killed the soul of your husband. It has nothing to do with us."

"It has nothing to do with you?" The zombie's laughter was horrifying. Its eyes turned even redder. "I tried my best to release Yu Lang. If you hadn't subdued him and sent him to the Zhao family, how could he be caught by Mrs Zhao?

"It's all you! I can't kill Mrs Zhao but can't I kill you? You ruined my only chance to reunite with Yu Lang! You must die!"

The zombie was in a frenzy and its shouts were dizzying. Negotiating was useless. Xie Chi hurriedly said, "Brother, let's go!"

In this short exchange, Xie Chi had measured the fighting power of both sides. His brother definitely wasn't a match for this upgraded zombie.

"Okay."

Seeing their intentions, the zombie jumped first to grab at Xie Xinglan. The movement was so fast it was almost an afterimage. Xie Xinglan predicted it in advance and blocked with his sword, but he was still thrown back seven or eight metres from the force.

His shoulder hit the wall and his internal organs were shocked. Xie Xinglan's Adam's apple moved up and down and he spat out blood. The gap between the human soul and a demon spirit was completely apparent.

Xie Chi's heart was pained. "Brother!"

Yan Jing's eyes were wide. "@......#&!"

[Oh my god, just one hit! Compared with ending one, ending two is hell mode!]

[Isn't this normal? Wen Lang had tuberculosis and his soul must've been weak. How can it compare to the demon spirit whose soul condensed after she burned herself.]

[Is this zombie 3.0?]

[This is nonsense! How many moves will it be before Xie Chi is killed?]

[The calculation results have come out. The zombie's fighting power is 130,000. Xie Chi is 15,000 and the living zombie is 30,000! This is fucking just like watermelon skin.]

[130,000? Isn't this wanting Xie Chi's life? 20,0-0 to 30,000 can still be fought. Isn't over 100,000 bullshit?!]

[What is this situation? Isn't it blatantly wanting Xie Chi to die?]

[I haven't encountered this either!]

[Is a living zombie so weak?!]

[Perhaps it is the movie's suppression. Or perhaps it is because he is a semi-finished product who was quickly refined.]