Chapter 182: Extra Three - Shen Yi and Su Qing

Feng Yu drove the car to the suburbs and stopped. He thought of the information he had found before and felt bitter.

His family was powerful in this world and it wasn’t difficult to find out Su Qing’s past experience. At first, understanding this was just for the convenience of approaching and taking care of Su Qing. After knowing that Su Qing’s parents had died and he was alone, Feng Yu felt a bit distressed. After all, he grew up worry free and at peace with his parents. Feng Yu tried his best but once he approached, he fell uncontrollably.

When Su Qing was very young, his father passed away. He was a soldier in the army and died for the country. He was a heroic martyr and Su Qing was his son. His father was handsome, young, talented and promising while his mother was gentle and beautiful. They were very affectionate and the envy of others. Then one of them suddenly disappeared.

At that time, Su Qing’s mother had just given birth to Su Qing. She got postpartum depression and becoming a widow caused her to completely collapse. She had severe depression. She stopped managing the house and became hysterical. Her illness was so serious that she had a tendency for negative aggression. She also didn’t recognize her child. Once Su Qing was a bit older, he was hurt by her and almost died.

In the past few years, the condition of Su Qing’s mother was good and bad. She was constantly discharged and admitted again. Most of the time, Su Qing lived with his grandparents.

Su Qing had been very smart and sensible since he was a child. He seemed to know that his family was exhausted and wandering on the edge of a nervous breakdown. He never caused trouble for anyone, didn’t cry or make noise. He was always quiet. He worked to help his family and went to the hospital to take care of his mother.

His grades had always been very good. He knew he didn’t have the right to be willful, that it wasn’t easy for anyone. It was already difficult for him to live well. He could only get rid of the quagmire of life by trying his best to outline the beauty. He knew there was a lot of evil in life but he could only tell himself to believe in good. It was because hate didn’t make people’s lives better.

Once Su Qing was 18 years old, the balance he was trying to maintain collapsed. The string that had been tense for over 10 years broke.

That year, Su Qing finished the university entrance examination and estimated that the future was promising. He happily went to the hospital to see his mother to tell her the good news, only to find out about her suicide.

There was a lump in Feng Yu’s throat. He just wanted to take care of Su Qing but he found that Su Qing wasn’t willing. He seemed to be soft but he was actually very assertive. He knew what he was doing and had no regrets.

In front of Su Qing’s clear and clean eyes, he always saw his own ugliness and felt ashamed of himself. He suddenly understood why the legendary movie emperor Shen Yi would choose Su Qing. It wasn’t just his appearance.

The night breeze blew past Feng Yu and he controlled his mind. He returned all the points he had collected to Xie Chi. He immediately felt much more relaxed and happy, like he could draw a clean end to this disgraceful love.

This was the most beautiful person he had loved and they would never meet again. He thought he was saving Su Qing from the sea of suffering but in fact, Su Qing was tranquil on the other side. It was he himself who was struggling in the sea of suffering. A loafer would always fall in love with a good family. It was like some type of prophecy.

Su Qing sat on the bed, looking at the bottles on the table that hadn’t been opened for a long time with a slightly proud smile. Diazepam and all types of melatonin—he already hadn’t taken them in ages. It hadn’t taken long from being unable to sleep all night to sleeping until dawn without any dreams.